This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicknames at the workplace

Everyone has them, what are some of the ones you can think of?

We have a guy called Beef Cake. Why? Because Cartman from southpark was saying "Im a little Beef Cake." And one of the other guys in the shop thought it was funny, and started calling BC, Beef Cake.

We have a man we call Scoob, or Krispy. Scoob as in Scooby Do. Hell eat just about anything, but in small quanities. like a pothead.
    When he worked with a guy we called Shaggy, (because his hair and beard were so thick, that they were shaggy.. hehe) we started calling their worktruck, the Mystery Machine.

We had a fun couple, Shrek and Donkey. Donkey was called that because he talked loud, and alot, not to mention being 5'6. And the other guy, shrek, is just tall, probly6'8, maybe 6'10. And we figured at one point he would have said "Shut up, Donkey!". The difference in height just added to this, you had to see them.
    nice guys though.

The Russian. A guy from the Ukraine. Has a strong accent, and is pretty strong, we always joke that he can do things that would need machines to do. like pulling high voltage wire, etc.

Me. Razor. Why? Because according to Beef Cake, Im sharp. so he started calling me that.

I dont work with Cake right now, but the next guy that does. Is called Slingblade, because he talked like Billybob thorton in SlingBlade.
    Cake calls him Blade for short....
    Imagine my surprize when i heard that well work well as a team, Razor and Blade.

There are a few others but im running out of time...
    http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
    Cyberpunk mayhem!

I have a nickname at work, one I well and truly dislike. It's a long story, but there's this woman at work... her and I disliked each other very much and very publicly for a long time. Then we vaguely got to know each other and we've been almost on speaking terms ever since. This, of course, led to workplace rumors.

She has sort of a pet name for me, which is mostly an inside joke. Then somebody overheard it...

Now that's all anybody calls me.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

My nickname at work is "Marvin."

Why "Marvin", you ask? Because one night the overnight supervisor got cornfused and called me Marvin. Guess I must have reminded her of someone she knew named Marvin.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i have various nicknames
        at my old work it was "raasie" and "bloues" (afrikaans for "noisy" and "blue" - coz i was noisy and had blue hair)
        at this work it's Lenyora - Zulu for "big dog". i have a big bark
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

there is a guy named adam who sucks,and a guy named adam who is awesome. awesome adam gets to be adam,and the guy who sucks is "no name". no name has a buddy who sucks and is always around no name,they are generally refered to as "no name and his girlfriend".
          a fella i call "cletus" because he is a worthless redneck peice of shit. he had a sidekick i called "jethroe",but he got fired.
          an old leathery chainsmoking lady whom i call "deathrattle" because thats it sounds like shes gonna die when she laughs.
          a guy named hermann is generally refered to as "that fucking nazi" because he thinks the halocaust didnt happen and has other nazi views which he is fully willing to share with anyone. if im feeling nice i call him "hermroids" cause he is a pain in the ass.
          for a while there was this stoned kid who we called "james earl jones",because thats who he sounded like when he talked.
          another fellow was called "stinky soup guy".
          and there was "stinky fro bitch". she was an SC.

Comment

I was 'Tall Sarah', since there was another Sarah there, and she was short. It was always fun when the manager called over the PA: 'Sarah to the office please!'. Which one?
            God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

At Channel 25, I was Morticia (had long, nearly black hair and worked graveyard shift.

At Olive Garden, I was Doc (because they thought I was smart and sometimes helped people with homework)

At Kinkos I didn't really have a general one, except one friend there did call me "Sis", one called me "wife" (he said I was his "work wife."), and yet a third one called me "Gypsy chick".

EDIT: I almost forgot. Some of the customers at Kinko's called me "Rogue." And when I started at my current job, a lot of the people in the call center called me that, too (because I have a witch lock.)
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 12-06-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

At Thriftway we called one of the Store Mgr's "The Colonel" because his last name was Sander. i called the Asst Front End Mgr " Ben Franklin" because she looked dead on him
                Where I work now one of the cashiers is "Florida" because her last name is Evans Just like on Good Times
                The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

At my old job, I was called "OG", and that was because I was the Original Guy on nights.

Where I am now, it is "Quagmire". Why Quagmire, well because on Family Guy, he gets all the ladies, and well I do too. It is because of I had more GF's then every other guy there
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

The manager had names for some of us. I don't remember any of them outside of our own team, but my friend Rich was "Beanpole", because he's tall (well over 6 feet), and was skinny at the time.

Chuck was "Sir Charles."

He didn't really have one for me. He just called me "Mr. (my last name)"

James the Wonder Idiot had a few that everyone in the place called him behind his back. "The Red Devil", because of his flaming red hair, and "Poindexter", after the character by the same name on "Revenge of the Nerds."
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Mostly, I'm just called 'the manager' because I am.

Those of you who got the Christmas card list know what my last name is- sometimes, when customers demand to see a manager my CSRs will say use a WWE(?) saying to get me to the counter. It's priceless to see their faces... and kudos to anyone who gets it.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Not too many nicknames. One of our male techs we call Princess now and again, and an AM that just came back to replace the crazy useless guy I refer to as Whiny Bitch, although I'll give him credit, since he's been at several other stores he's shaped up quite a bit.

Comment

We have nicknames at work.
                          A few of mine are:

1. Three-strikes
                          2. Hollywood
                          3. The Chosen One

Names for other people:

1. Loose-Cannon
                          2. The Don
                          3. Mr. Postal
                          4. Spaz
                          5. Ratchet

We have fun at work.
                          When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I've heard myself be referred to as "Big Rap" or "Fridge Rap", but that's all so far.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well back at SPCS I was IGOR or Burger Guy (Thanks to us all having food related nicks)

At the dealership I was Batman for refering to our wash bay in the back of the building as the batcave, also for having all my cars painted black. I even had my tshirt say that across the back and sometimes they would page me by that name.

On the Cb I'm eagle 1. Thanks to having an eagle painted or otherwise on my vehicles at all times. Tough recently I've been flying the Jolly Roger more and only have an eagle hood ornament on my pickup.

back in High school my nicknames where Loki or Spock.

Comment

Working...
                              X