This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about cold...

..and it's not the weather I'm talking about!

b/g - call center, billing department

This is not a sucky customer post, because the customer was a sweetheart. I hope this is the right place for it.

This call will stay with me for quite a while.

Lovely lady calls in about long distance charges on her cell phone - almost $200. No biggie, handle these all the time. Usually just an explanation, and all is well. But she is sure she never made these calls. This lady went so far as to call the number on her bill from her home phone, in case it was someone she knew, and just forgot that they were long distance. Tells me she spoke to both the man who answered the phone and his wife. They don't know each other.

Something in her voice had me believing her, just a gut instinct you get about customers. Anybody who has worked with the public for any length of time knows what I mean. So I take the time and look through all the charges. I ask her to get her calendar out, and we go through when the calls were made. After the third one, she breaks down sobbing.

The calls were all made while she was in the hospital getting chemo! One of her caregivers at the hospital has been taking her phone for long distance calls, while she was busy going through hell to save her life.

I'm still shaken to the core at how cold, how harsh that is, and from someone who is supposed to be there to help this woman. Damn. Now I'm all choked up again.

Please tell us that you were able to do something for her .
    I hope she will complain to the hospital too.

Comment

Yes, I did help....

I twisted the arm of the floor supervisor, and got the okay to give her a courtesy credit for the charges to that number. And she was going to take it up with both her doctor and the head nurse. I so hope the person who did this is caught, and charged, or at least loses their job over this.

Comment

The fuck?

When you think the human ability to degrade itself further has his bedrock, out comes the blasting tools.

Rapscallion

Comment

Eek -- If you're allowed to do so, maybe consider suggesting that the customer call those people back so that she may ask with whom they were speaking, at length, on those dates...? I'm sure the hospital would be quite interested in that information.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Reminds me of those jackass lawyers who will try to get someone to sign something while they are lying in a hospital bed, barely coherent.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
            X