This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this new part of my job

Everyone at my workplace is brought in initially as temp to hire. If you do a good job have good attendance you're going to be hired.

My new job includes telling people they are going to be hired. They are told to be in the conference room at a certain time they walk in and are told that if they wish to be permanent we want them.

I get to lead these meetings. I love it. I hand out the applications and tell them their new rate (minimum 1.50 more than temp. Most of the time 2.25 over temp rate) and it's as of the first of the next month. Go over the benefits which start date they become permanent.

The application is a formality.

We hired 12 yesterday. Everyone was excited and pleasantly surprised at how much the increase over temp was.

Nice early Christmas present for a lot of them.

One told me it's even more of a raise for her. She is one of the 2.25 an hour increases. So 90 a week without OT and we do a lot of OT so it's even more.

But her insurance will cost her 24.56 a month and she's been paying for COBRA at 330 a month. So even without OT add 360 a month pay increase to 300 less for insurance thats 660 a month.

ok, where are you located, cuz I need a new job. Hire me. I'm worth it.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Chicago suburbs

Northwest Chicago suburbs.

Comment

Now thats a NICE part of the job. I bet that lady was ecstatic when you asked her to go permanent - insurance will be especially valuable for her.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
        X