This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next week is going to suck and blow at the same time

Seems corporate has once again forgotten its 5 p's: Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Results (thanks Crosshair).

A few months back I mentioned that my company is installing walk-in medical clinics at some of its stores, which I thought, and continue to think is a not terribly well-concieved idea.

Well, one is going to be installed in my store. It's going in our old layaway department and will cut into the backroom significantly (great, just what we need, another reduction in space back there )

And the prep work for this begins next week. So we are going to have to move merchandise out of the areas that will be taken up by the clinic, in addition to processing the trucks coming in next week. Then contractors will come in and take down shelving, take down a stairwell in the backroom, cut a space into the floor upstairs and reposition the stairwell. And hopefully do this in such a way as to not bring the second floor of the backroom crashing down on the first floor (the shelving in this section of the backroom is constructed in such a way that it basically holds up the second floor).

This is going to be a huge freakin' project, bigger than our remodel from last year.

This is the kind of thing that would be best done after the holidays, but--say it with me!--IF IT MAKES SENSE, IT'S NOT ALLOWED. And we'd really appreciate it if we could have people come from other stores and help us out, but once again, IF IT MAKES SENSE, IT'S NOT ALLOWED.

I could really use a nice head cold right about now.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Wow-that's so dumb, I'm starting to be a stupider. And in a week or two, you'll be posting about those contractors collapsing the second floor of receiving because they took out their shelving. If that happens, get a couple of head-office suits down there to clean up the rubble.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I could really use a nice head cold right about now.
      How about a nice cold one with a foaming head?

Comment

That would be nice too, but I want the cold so I don't have to show up for work next week.

I just checked the schedule this evening--we're not getting any extra people. So they are going to expect even more work from our usual skeleton crew, and it will absolutely positively have to be done on time or the contractors can't do anything.

Hopefully we can get a jump on it this weekend.

Comment

Buh . . . how can something both suck and blow?
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
            Ever heard the phrase "In one ear and out the other"? Sounds like sucking and blowing to me
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              Simpsons quote. From Bart, I believe.

Comment

Mega-Maid from SpaceBalls was capable of both, although not at the same time. It required flipping a toggle switch.
                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                My MySpace
                My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Simpsons quote. From Bart, I believe.
                  It was said by Bart...I forget the situation, though.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X