This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest Thing You've Ever Heard?

Well, I believe I seriously heard THE dumbest thing, ever said to me by a customer. (So far). A customer asks me a very normal question, "Do you have any surge protectors with cords longer than 6 ft?" Which is really a good question, because the standard size is 6 ft...so I tell him no, but we also have a sale on extension cords.....and then....then in the fashion of Uncle Rico hitting Napoleon with a steak, he hits me with this mind blowing comment: Don't you know? It's illegal to use extension cords, with a surgeprotector! I thought you guys would know that.

Now, it had been a normal day, so i figured i was past due for something...but this...this was of epic proportions...now, if someone knows of a law like this, please tell me, but i can tell you i know of no such thing....

My reaction? The same facial expression as if Natalie Portman had just given me a lapdance and then baked me cookies and fed them to me naked.

My manager, however, happened to be very immersed in making tags at the computer, and he blurts out," What the hell did he just say?" as it registered with him. We then had a very excellent laugh and went back to playing with the remote control cars.

He's correct, in a way. Fire codes state any surge protector must be plugged directly into the wall.

Woohoo, first post.

Comment

Hah. This is true, but I did some research, asked around, and found out that our products are compliant with codes when used with the extension. we're just good like that.

Comment

I don't know if it would be the SAME facial expression, as I'm sure there'd be a hint of a happy smile on that glazed face of yours if Natalie Portman was jiggling her jugs at you

I hear so many dumb things, they kind of all blur together after awhile.

Comment

Right, but that would be my INITIAL expression. Once I realize I'm no longer dreaming, then it's a total different look altogether.

Comment

Working...
          X