This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Byronthebanker View Post
    . .. although I haven't seen briefcases handcuffed to agents.
    Well, not outside of a movie screen, anyway.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

We used to have to drive to the bank after closing. I always thought that was dumb (it's dark!).

Two weeks ago they changed policy. If you have to leave your mall to go to the bank you have to make your drop in the morning. They only changed it because a store was robbed making their drop at night. No one was hurt, thankfully, but the thieves got the money.
      "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
      "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

I'm the one to make the deposit at my work, usually on my lunch break. Its never in the tens of thousands but its enough to notice if gone missing. I'm the only one who takes it to the bank, I'm the only one who knows how much is in the deposit, basically its all my responsiblity. I live in a super small town so no armed guards, although I wouldnt mind a couple of our local cops guarding me. And once I did a whoopsie, left the deposit in my unlocked car while I went to do a couple of errands. All was well money still all there, but needless to say I make the deposit first now.

Comment

When I worked at the jewelry kiosk at the mall in Temple, TX I would drive the deposit to the bank at night and the night depository had one little security light - totally creepy. If anybody had wanted the deposit badly enough I would have given it to them.

At the Hardees here in Rapid I got to do it in the daytime. But I still would have given it up without a fight.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Around here, someone was shot (I don't remember if he was killed or not) when he made the bank deposit first thing when the bank opened in the morning.

If someone wants the money bad enough, they will do what they think it takes to get it, no matter what time it is.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

At the movie theatre, we had a hired courier whom we lovingly called Rambo, because he was probably about 6'5" 275lbs of muscle, dressed in all black, and heavily armed. He would take our deposits to the bank for us. He did pull his gun on me once, because I was taking out trash, at the exact same time he had exited the building next to the trash dumpster, it was dark and he couldn't see me, and I startled him. I can understand though, as he was bonded for $1M and this was his 2nd trip that night, and he had to come back for one more for the leftovers and change order. I would have been jumpy too with that much cash on me at 2:00am.

At my new job, it is just little ol' me taking the deposits to the bank. Thankfully though, I only have to deal with cash once a year during the United Way campaign. The rest of the time it is only pre-endorsed checks that would be useless if stolen. It still makes me nervous though when I get the big ones. I will usually have a friend walk with me if the deposit is over $100M.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
              X