This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm Sick"

Okay, this is fun! I remember once "job shadowing" with our real time schedule adjusters, I love that job. The best part was the absentee reporting line.

Some of the best ones were:

"I have squirrels"
    RTA: "I'm sorry?"
    "I have squirrels in my house, I have to chase them. I'm not going to be in today."

Voice mail message: "please leave your name, your shift and the reason for your absense."
    Agent: "(requisite information given, then)I'm pissing from my a**hole!"

Here's one of my own:

Got Voice mail

"I'm sick.... i think.... yeah, I'm sick, there's the bucket."
    At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Even though I am a mere coworker, I would like to know why I'm the one designated to hear (in great detail ) as to why a person called out sick the day before. :sigh:
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I love calling in sick. The managers won't just take "I'm not feeling well." They want more than that. So, I do. I explain, in great detail, everything that happened, what is happening right now, and probably what will happen. I describe it in glorious technicolor! I paint a picture of what my insides are doing, how they are rumbling, what color my various seeping seepages are.

You would think by now, they would know not to ask, or at least tell me to give them a basic rundown. Nope. Now, I don't call in very often, but when I do, I make it memorable.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Working...
      X