This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell to BK? (LANGUAGE)

I've thought about this earlier this year but never got around to doing it...

I'm going to quit this piece of shit otherwise known as Burger King. I despise almost every day I have to work and it takes a lot to get me motivated to come in at all. For example...I get paid Friday and that's the only motivation I have for coming in.

The time has come for me to seek other employment. I've realized that despite what my belittling aunt told me as a child, I'm a hard worker. But it's difficult when you've been working at the same place for two fucking years only to receive $6.25 an hour. You can only expect so much from a fast food place and I realize that.

I'm tired of always being in drive-thru with imcompetent people who would rather text message their friends than help me expedite, leaving me to do all the work. I'm tired of the food...how it smells, everything. My boss actually isn't bad looking but it isn't enough to make me want to stay.

I have two applicatons already completed but I really want to work at Barnes & Noble. It seems lest fast-paced as opposed to my current job...and I'm actually a kickass cashier when I assert myself. But I don't give a shit about Burger King anymore and I need to be making more money so I can do more with my life and start my diet and apply for college..etc. And I can't even possibly begin to do that with a BK paycheck. I work too hard for this bullshit. Wish me luck.

Fuckshitdamn

I'm sorry for the language

good for you, your doing what I wish alot of people would do when they are unhappy

do something about the situation! and you are and to that I say CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

And I know what it's like to have to force yourself to be motivated to go in to work on any given day. Unfortunately, I was "blessed" with a high work ethic. :sigh:
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Darling, life is too short. You deserve to be happy.

I hate my job, I found a new one. I only have to last two weeks and then I can move on.

Good luck with B and N.

Be happy. You can do anything you set your mind to. Find your dream job.
        "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
        "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Good for you! If you hate your job then it's time to mooovvvee on!

I worked fast food exactly once and I'll never do it again (knock on wood).

I just discovered that quitting can be quite liberating. I was walking through the aisles of the grocery store a bit ago singing, "I'm free to do what I want- any old time..." Not exactly true but it felt good.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
          X