This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promotion

so I have been at my new job exactly one week. I found out Friday that I got a mini promotion and a raise! So what does that say about the hotel staff?
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Does that make you King4aweek?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm more interested in what it says about the hotel. Hope it's just the staff.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Maybe you'll get a raise for each week you can last there?
        Make a list of important things to do today.
        At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
        Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Congratulations! (I hope!)
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

a raise for every week that I last would be awesome....I could totally go for that. today they were talking to me about becoming the overall assitant manager on the property. If I get it (which I think I probably will), I will be in charge of booking conferences, bus tours, and groups in addition to dealing with day to day issues that come up in regards to a hotel.

I am actually really excited about it if I can get it. I have never done conference planning or anything like that, but I guess that there is always time to learn.

Oh and yes...right now I feel like the king4aweek
            "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

well when I got hired in at the company I'm at, I found at if I was at any other store and showed signs of intellegence and wanting to advance myself I would have been made a shift lead in at most a month, however, that is not where I ended up and they can't even get me the right uniform. So props to you, I just hope my next job goes well because I'm still looking to start my career but for now I'll settle on just another job.
              I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

It all depends on the business. I started at one and was made shift lead in a week, and lead shift lead(assistant manager without the salary) in a month. And it was definitely because the rest of their, uh, 'talent' was terrible.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                  It all depends on the business. I started at one and was made shift lead in a week, and lead shift lead(assistant manager without the salary) in a month. And it was definitely because the rest of their, uh, 'talent' was terrible.
                  Yeah I wish that was the case for me, but I work with people who can't be promoted but are able to just barely stay at their level so nobody can move up.
                  I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

the situation in the hotel that I work in is that it was recently bought by a new owner in February. When it was purchased, it was basically neglected to the point that it looked abandoned. So now they are in the process of hiring all new staff. I would say 90% of the front desk staff has been hired in the past week. Having 6 years of desk experience, Im probably the most experienced person they have. Its also a conference center that hasnt had any function in a conference room for the past 9 months.

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                      Having 6 years of desk experience, Im probably the most experienced person they have.
                      I'm sure you are! So that's your chance to rise and shine, your bosses already noticed your ability. Congrats!
                      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                      X