Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could somebody please put me in a coma for the next two months?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap...

Clap clap to the DC for throwing a 2000-piece truck at us while I was away on two days vacation, thus forcing a very shorthanded crew to try and unload the thing, and then only a few people to start filling it.

The truck came in Wednesday. I suspect it will be Sunday before it is completely done at the earliest. Even though there are so many people gone, we're still expected to have all our trucks done within 24 hours.

Of course, my being away ticked some people off. I'm told somebody (don't know who) spent a good part of Thursday bitching because they had to help out on the truck for once and "I wouldn't have to be doing this if Irv weren't running away on vacation all the time."

Oh well, if it's any consolation to them, the karmic gods have it in for me. I'll be the only person from my crew in the store week after next, due to two of them being away on the remodel project and another taking a week of vacation, so I better not be the only person getting verbally drawn and quartered for daring to want to do something outside of working all the time.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Actually, I didn't wind up alone this week. The two people from my crew who were supposed to go up there this week are working here instead.

It may be a good thing after all that I'm not working at this other store. I might've smacked somebody. From what I'm hearing, sounds like they'll be truly fucked inside a week from grand opening. Everybody working there seems to have an ego and won't listen to any of our people as they try to teach them their jobs. We had a gal who was evidently a manager for the company this store operated under previously, who came to our store to train for a couple weeks. She said and did all the right things while at our store, but now that she's at this other store you just can't tell her anything. She refuses to acknowledge people, much less listen to them.

Manager of that store seems to have a big head, and not because it's full of knowledge. Our people are supposed to be training their people, but he can't even think to put his people on to be trained. And when our people asked him what was going on, he just said "I didn't think to put those people on" real matter-of-fact, like "Yeah, I just wasted your time for no good reason. I'm the store manager. I get to do that. Deal." Oh well, maybe the DM will knock him down a peg or two.

All our people are doing is doing their work for them, not showing them how to do it themselves. So after our people are all gone and they're on their own, they're really going to struggle. I bet we get blamed for that somehow.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Actually, I didn't wind up alone this week. The two people from my crew who were supposed to go up there this week are working here instead.

It may be a good thing after all that I'm not working at this other store. I might've smacked somebody. From what I'm hearing, sounds like they'll be truly fucked inside a week from grand opening. Everybody working there seems to have an ego and won't listen to any of our people as they try to teach them their jobs. We had a gal who was evidently a manager for the company this store operated under previously, who came to our store to train for a couple weeks. She said and did all the right things while at our store, but now that she's at this other store you just can't tell her anything. She refuses to acknowledge people, much less listen to them.

Manager of that store seems to have a big head, and not because it's full of knowledge. Our people are supposed to be training their people, but he can't even think to put his people on to be trained. And when our people asked him what was going on, he just said "I didn't think to put those people on" real matter-of-fact, like "Yeah, I just wasted your time for no good reason. I'm the store manager. I get to do that. Deal." Oh well, maybe the DM will knock him down a peg or two.

All our people are doing is doing their work for them, not showing them how to do it themselves. So after our people are all gone and they're on their own, they're really going to struggle. I bet we get blamed for that somehow.
        Yeah you'll get blamed for not training them properly.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

why havent you found a new job/quit? Serious question. I thought my job was bullshit and drama nonstop but holy cow
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Because the places in town offering full-time work employment, permanent, with benefits, are now nonexistent.

And with the economy being the way it is, I figure this isn't the time to change jobs. One thing I can look forward to is moving into a different position in time where I won't be dealing with the drama all the time.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Because the places in town offering full-time work employment, permanent, with benefits, are now nonexistent.
              Sounds kinda familiar, tho I know we live in two *very* different states...Mine happens to be called "Denial", I dunno about yours >_>

I do love how the two people who encourage me to just up and quit because getting a new (full time) job (making what I do now or better should be as simple as pie) do not have jobs themselves (one has munny from a divorce, the other is fratchable)...

One thing I can look forward to is moving into a different position in time where I won't be dealing with this particular flavor of drama all the time.
              Fixed that for ya
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X