Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? Do you really have to be THAT anal about my music? (and other issues with her)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Do you really have to be THAT anal about my music? (and other issues with her)

From my Navy days (mainly cos I have very little to complain about with the current job)

backstory - my first ship, working in test equipment calibration, and my shop was very small. for workspace it was pretty much a 2-man shop, though you could run it with 3 if they made an effort to work around each other.

i was alone in the shop, working on a calibration and I had some music playing... Well "some music" as in... Evita (the 1978 version) at full volume.

So when L came in, I understood that she wouldn't want to listen to that at full volume. So when she turned it down I didn't mind.

What bothered me was that she was there for maybe one minute, possibly two, and then she was done.

all i could think of was "wtf? why didn't you just pause it then?"
    But needless to say after she left I put the volume right back.

then again i'm not really surprised. she was a bit of a micromanaging bitch
    if i said over the net (we had shipboard phone nets) that i was headed from my workshop to another location... if i stopped to take a piss on the way over, she'd scream about how long i took and "where were you???"

she had snide remarks to say about some task i'd "forgotten" to do one morning... and when i pointed out I'd forgotten the task because I was busy throwing up (i'd gotten sick) she was like "end of argument".

even on my personal life she tried to tell me what to do. and then use her position to "end the argument". i was having issues with a former friend ... she was best friends (possibly lovers) with one of his roommates, so she'd try to tell me where i was wrong in those personal issues... yeah. conflict of interest much?

According to my boss at the game store, I "wasn't allowed" to have music on when doing computer stuff. It's not like I was blasting it, and if anyone else near the office could hear it and was polite about asking I had headphones (cheap earbuds so I could still hear if anyone was at the door). Apparently it was disrespectful.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
    X