This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sex for me (long)

This past week, work has gone so far as to interfere with my sex life.

Basically, Boss Man was on vacation, and Other MOD was babysitting another property, so for the past five nights, I literally lived at work. Normally, it's only one or two nights a week, not five! Now I'm home, and am SOOO happy! Because being on call all the time left me with no sleep and no sex. Allow me to explain.

Night One
    It was okay. It was the one and only night that nothing happened.

Night Two
    Got a call from Night Auditor at 1:40am. A guest had found the cutest wootest wittle puggle wuggle snookum....er, a puppy. I printed out "Found Dog" signs and plastered them over the property. I then took a brief nap before getting up again at 3am for my paper route. (We did manage to reunite the furry cuteness with his human later in the morning.)

Night Three
    Went to sleep around 9pm, and was woken shortly after at 10. Guest insisted that her card had been charged when she made the reservation and that she'd seen the charge on her online banking. Doesn't seem possible, since we don't charge cards until check-in, and we had no record of the transaction. Referred guest to corporate to see if they had a record of a transaction.

Woken up again shortly before 11. CW told me woman had gotten off the phone with corporate and disappeared. Told her hang onto the reservation for a bit just in case, and then cancel without charging the card.

Night Four

It was around 8:30pm, and I was totally starting to get it on with Hubby. Things were getting hot! Alas, work had other ideas.

Last housekeeper had left, and CW needed to sell those rooms, and could I run out quickly and check them? (We'd been having issues with this housekeeper lately, so QA checks are a MUST before renting his rooms.)

Grrr! Apologized to Hubby, got dressed, and was off to check rooms. I found so many things wrong with them! By the time I got done fixing everything and ready to rent, I was pretty pissed off and the mood was totally gone. We went to sleep that night without finishing what we'd started.

Night Five

Got woken up at 12:30am. The TV channels were down. I went up to the satellite room and reset everything, but they still weren't working. Told Night Auditor that it probably wasn't on our end, and that a 5% discount should be equitable if people were really that hurt about it. TV was working fine at 3am when I got up to do my paper route, so I have no clue what it was all about.

Yeah, and Corporate wants me on track to be a GM? No way in Hell I would ever want to live at work full-time! I pity Boss Man. Yeah, the apartment is free (part of his pay), but the cost is still too high!!!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Don't worry. You'll be laid tonight. Yay.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Theres always the option of...*cough*..self sex..

Glad youre getting laid though. Hope its grrrrreat!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        Theres always the option of...*cough*..self sex..

Glad youre getting laid though. Hope its grrrrreat!
        Well sure, but when you have a sex toy (i.e. hubby/boyfriend/random pick up at the pub) you're less likely to appreciate that option.

Boy toy's boss has been getting on my nerves for that reason. I'm starting to look for a nice spot on the wall for his head.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

You might not have had sex but you DID both get screwed.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I wonder if the woman was freaking out about a credit card pre-authorization, which isn't the same as the card being charged. A lot of places will check the card to make sure funds are available (the authorization) but then not actually process the payment (charge the card). Especially when you'd have no way of knowing a bogus number from a valid one without running a pre-authorization. With any sort of authorization, the bank is going to show those funds as unavailable in anticipation of the actual charge going through.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              I wonder if the woman was freaking out about a credit card pre-authorization, which isn't the same as the card being charged. A lot of places will check the card to make sure funds are available (the authorization) but then not actually process the payment (charge the card). Especially when you'd have no way of knowing a bogus number from a valid one without running a pre-authorization. With any sort of authorization, the bank is going to show those funds as unavailable in anticipation of the actual charge going through.
              I would have thought that, too, except that we don't even do that. There shouldn't have been anything showing up on her bank account. According to my CW, she walked into the lobby and stated "I have a reservation and it's already paid for" before anything else. With the tone she was speaking in, I suspect it may have been an attempted scam to get a free room.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                I would have thought that, too, except that we don't even do that. There shouldn't have been anything showing up on her bank account. According to my CW, she walked into the lobby and stated "I have a reservation and it's already paid for" before anything else. With the tone she was speaking in, I suspect it may have been an attempted scam to get a free room.
                I know that sometimes I go through a travel site that does prepay the bill/charge me first ... but I also tend to have the reciept printed out and ready to hand over ... heck, when we did the germany trip this month I had all the stuff that I prearranged [hotels, car, plane and such] everything was printed out and in my travel notebook in the order we would need it =) i even printed out maps and directions to various places we were going to go just in case we didn't have the GPS in the car as requested [mainly because it said that they would not be able to confirm if the car had GPS or not]

And even though I didn't get the BMW I reserved [we didnt fit, the chair and luggage combined wouldnt fit in the trunk] we didnt pitch a fit about having to take an SUV [even though I hate SUVs with the burning passion of a million suns]

I hate sucky travellers! I refuse to be one!
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  This is what we do when a customer places an order on our website. The card is authorized and the card is charged when the order ships. The authorization drops off according to the customer's bank but sometimes the authorization is still there when the charge goes through. Customers think we're double charging them (even though one shows 'Pending').

That or the customer doesn't know the CVV number on the back of their card and guesses multiple times as to what it is.. every time being wrong and every time authorizing the card.

Comment

Working...
                  X