This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think this is what they wanted

I've posted about our stupid script. Now we have to tell every customer to come back. I always forget and tonight I tried to get it in.. with.. less than stellar performance.

Me: Okay heres your food, have a good night
    C: Thanks
    Me: (oh god i forgot to say it) COME BACK!!!!!! (i literally screamed it)

My lead starting laughing his ass off because I sounded practically hysterical, but god damn it i got it in there.

Every time I tell someone to come back soon it comes out as a question and I look visibly uncomfortable. I'm sure its having the effect they planned on it having.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

As least you don't have to do it in a southern belle or redneck sorta way.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
      I've posted about our stupid script. Now we have to tell every customer to come back. I always forget and tonight I tried to get it in.. with.. less than stellar performance.

Me: Okay heres your food, have a good night
      C: Thanks

My lead starting laughing his ass off because I sounded practically hysterical, but god damn it i got it in there.
      that is hilarious!

Also, you could always do your Apu impression "Thank you, come again!"
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My only issue with it is its not genuine in the least. You can tell when i'm not being sincere. When I tell people "Have a good night" I actually mean it. Of course theyre going to come back, we're the only thing open after 1AM. They have no choice.

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post

As least you don't have to do it in a southern belle or redneck sorta way.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"
          Thankfully we're not very rigid at all with how we interact with customers.

Yeah, we ARE supposed to greet them, ask if they found everything, and do an appropriate closing. But we're free to use almost anything we want. Depending on who it is, how busy we are, and how well I know them, I've used everything from "Howdy y'all!" with a thick twang, "Sup dude?" if it's something I know pretty well, "Hey, how ya guys doin?".

I've stretched my luck a bit and said "Welcome to the <store name> marketplace how may I help you" in a very thick accent, but that's ONLY if they're regulars and tend to have a good sense of humor.

My generic closing is "Thanks guys, have a great rest of your day". Someone I slightly know will get "Hey thanks, see you next time/tomorrow/whatever". Know them by name? "Cya next time Stan, take it easy". Someone I work with or know really well? "THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING <store name> MARKET PLEASE COME AGAIN!" in the same thick accent.

I'm really glad they let us use some freedom, I just try to be friendly and maybe get a laugh or two.

If I get ignored on my first two greeting attempts (usually cuz they're on a phone) I just go mute.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

I'd be all at the other end of the driveway, all 'what'd I do?'
            hee hee ha
            (And yeah, I've totally done the whole horse-barn thing too... )
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

The usual Finnish phrase for that purpose is "Tervetuloa uudelleen." It means, roughly, "Welcome again/anew". It has the same basic intention as "Thank you, come again", even if it has more syllables.

Perhaps you should say it in Finnish, just to be awkward.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                Also, you could always do your Apu impression "Thank you, come again!"
                sadly, one of my managers sounds like Apu and if I were to do the impression he'd think I was insulting him (which in all likelihood I would be )

Quoth bean View Post
                Thankfully we're not very rigid at all with how we interact with customers.
                that is one thing I miss about the reservation center... our script was just 6 points that had to be hit (get the name, use the name, sell the hotel, sell the room, offer to book, verify booking)
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  sadly, one of my managers sounds like Apu and if I were to do the impression he'd think I was insulting him (which in all likelihood I would be )
                  One of my coworkers speaks hindi, i dont know what his race is, but everytime hes on speaker he sounds like bob barker.

Comment

Working...
                  X