This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some old lady showed me her rash....

So, if you couldn't tell by the name, I work for a huge, faceless pharmacy chain. For some reason, people assume that I'm a doctor. Probably because I'm a balding (even though I'm 24) white man wearing a white labcoat and I occasionally wear glasses. In reality, I know next to nothing when it comes to what's wrong with you.

So anyway, we're having yet another grueling 600+ day and this old lady with a European accent comes up to me and immediately says: "Doctor, I need you to look at this rash." And before I could say "Let me get the pharmacist" or "We have a clinic up front," she just lifts her shirt. She then explained that she wasn't wearing a bra because it irritated the rash.

While resisting every urge to vomit, I managed to tell her that she needs to put her shirt back on and see a doctor.

I'm still having nightmares.

Uh, ew!

Here, I think you need some of this:
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Nice to see another pharmacy wench on here

That's a better story than the lady who dropped a curling iron down her cleavage and decided to show us >_<

Comment

Thank you so much for reminding me of one of the absolute grossest things I have ever witnessed at work, and will probably never forget no matter how much I try.

We have this older guy who's kind of slow mentally who often visits our store to wander around and chat with people. He has about the worst case of psoriasis I have ever seen and is also a bit hygenically deficient.

One day he was chatting up the poor girl behind the photo counter when he rolled up his shirt sleeve to reveal his groaty, flaking arm and said to her "You know what this is? This is psoriasis!"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

:O

:scratches "Become a pharmacist" off of lifetime to-do list:
          Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

I think more Brain Bleach™® is needed.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

lol@Brain Bleach!

AF: it is great having another denizen of the pharmacy to talk to.

We've got another guy who comes in from time to time who's also a bit slow mentally. He's always wearing scrubs for some reason, and he's pretty obese. So he's in the waiting area one night and then we smell something.....it's him. And it's probably from his grotesquely swollen feet. So we decide to get his prescriptions out as soon as we can.

After we ring him up, he doesn't leave. He sits back down and falls asleep! How do you tell someone that they're stinking up the place and they need to leave?! Luckily he woke up after 10 minutes and left. The smell, however, stayed a while so we opened the drive-up window to let it waft out.

Comment

AAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK shouldn't have clicked on thread.....shouldn't have clicked on thread........oh dear god I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.......
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Try to look on the bright side of things like this. At least she didn't show you her hemroids.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
                    Try to look on the bright side of things like this. At least she didn't show you her hemroids.
                    Ummm.....I guess I should be thankful....

Comment

I guess Digilight needs more Brain Bleach™®
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PharmTechPhantom View Post

After we ring him up, he doesn't leave. He sits back down and falls asleep! How do you tell someone that they're stinking up the place and they need to leave?! Luckily he woke up after 10 minutes and left. The smell, however, stayed a while so we opened the drive-up window to let it waft out.
                        hah hah, stinky people

One of the guys administering our flu shots this year was quite ripe, and some lady called us after she got home to complain about it. Hello, it's a contracted company, we're not responsible for his stinkiness. She did decline when we offered to hand the phone off to them so they could register her complaint, though

Comment

Luckily we've got a clinic in our store to do the flu shots. We're a real one-stop shop.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Thank you so much for reminding me of one of the absolute grossest things I have ever witnessed at work, and will probably never forget no matter how much I try.

We have this older guy who's kind of slow mentally who often visits our store to wander around and chat with people. He has about the worst case of psoriasis I have ever seen and is also a bit hygenically deficient.

One day he was chatting up the poor girl behind the photo counter when he rolled up his shirt sleeve to reveal his groaty, flaking arm and said to her "You know what this is? This is psoriasis!"
                            While I agree that psoriasis is unsightly, and he was out of line doing that, remember that it is hereditary, and not contagious. Maybe you could recommend he see a dermatologist about it? The state or county should be able to help out if he has no insurance or cannot otherwise afford it.

[/soapbox]

Sorry, but I've been fighting it myself for over 40 years.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

It's one thing to have it, and another thing entirely to go shoving it in someone's face though.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                              X