This little snippet came in today's News of the Weird:

The UK Noise Association and a British labor union suggested in
    December that they might take legal action against the "torture" of
    retail clerks by stores' forcing them to listen to continuous holiday
    music.

I agree.
    And PLEASE let them be successful.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a little tune about roasting chestnuts over the fire as much as the next girl, but when you work four seven-four shifts a week, and the "variety" station starts playing carols two weeks before Thanksgiving...that comes out to around 140 hours of CHRISTMAS CAROLS! All TWELVE of them. Seriously, I don't need or want to hear "White Christmas" redone by a country artist, R&B artist, a Christian artist, a rock artist, and on top of that, Aaron Neville's version (.)

The Retail Congress should make a law, stating that seasonal music can be played, at the earliest, two weeks before the actual holiday.
      "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
      -FSTDT

Comment

Hey, I can NEVER get enough of hearing "Little Drummer Boy" (except for that one exceptionally sucky version ) and TSO. Other than that, go to it, I say!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Really!

If it drives me up a wall as a sporadic shopper, I cannot imagine how the poor employees deal with having to listen to it contantly.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas music just fine. I just don't want to listen to it contantly and unrelentingly. And when all the stores are doing it, you pretty much are forced to listen to it the entire time you are out. It's torture. I don't know why managment can't get a clue.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas music just fine. I just don't want to listen to it contantly and unrelentingly. And when all the stores are doing it, you pretty much are forced to listen to it the entire time you are out. It's torture. I don't know why managment can't get a clue.
            Because they're in their nice, cozy, soundproofed offices five hundred miles away.

Comment

Ok no one shoot me.... but I .... love christmas carols

even the boney M one...

I love christmas time because its the only time of the year I can listen to them without people thinking im wierd... ok well they think im wierd anyway but you know what I mean

kiwi...self admitting christmas freak
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Tell me about it.... after listening to nonstop Christmas music for a whole month, I wanted to strangle Santa!
                ~What some people fail to comprehend is that express lanes are no longer "express" when you have 20 customers in line ~

Comment

For the last two Christmas'es my store has stopped playing continuous Christmas carols. They just throw a few in here and there. Plus, there's only a few places in my dept where I can even hear the music so I kind of missed it this year.

I made up for it by playing it while I worked at home though. The music is about the only thing I enjoy about the season anymore...thanks to retail and sucky customers.
                  Retail Haiku:
                  Depression sets in.
                  The hellhole is calling me ~
                  I don't want to go.

Comment

I like some Christmas songs; for example, that one by Slade I never get tired of. But I hate carols with a passion, and also certain Christmas songs by a certain Cliff Richard... argh!
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X