This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Whining

I really love the firm I work for now. Great pay and hours, awesome benefits, really good people (mostly). Unfortunately, I'm getting caught in the middle again. Two people in my department do not get along. Okay, I understand why (it's something that got prematurely escalated to HR), but I've learned it's better to get along with people, play the game a little, and try to stay friendly with people, even those I despise. If it's someone I don't trust, I just keep everything on the surface.

Now, I'm starting to get some slightly catty remarks from one of the two because she sees me chatting with the other. I really don't need this.

A little over a week ago, I had dinner with a friend from my previous firm. I realized as we were eating that while it was good that I no longer worked for that firm (meat grinder) I really missed my co-workers. We had always had a real team feeling. Anyone who wasn't a teamplayer was discouraged from staying and usually took the hint. The office manager is so cool that they actually wrote a poem to him for Christmas.

I certainly don't plan on going back, but I realized just how much I missed people working together, rather than dealing with a bunch of lazy prima donnas. These people are at the top of the scale, pay and benefit wise, and have pretty easy jobs, but all they can seem to concentrate on is how much more than can get.

Whenever I read about the backstabbing, BS, favoritism and unfairness endured by people on this board, I can completely understand the anger and frustration that arise. I've been in no-win situations myself, when it's best just to move on. I'm certainly not going to give up everything I've attained because of some schoolyard BS, but I'm feeling a bit wistful.

Thanks for listening.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    I certainly don't plan on going back, but I realized just how much I missed people working together, rather than dealing with a bunch of lazy prima donnas.
    Get a copy of their resumes, and pass them along to your new HR.

Comment

Working...
    X