This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today was craptacular

Boss went out of town for a couple days. I'm in charge. OK, today should be OK, right?

Wrong!

I couldn't get the safe to open. OK, I got it open ONCE. I needed to be able to open it several more times.

I couldn't count the cash which meant that I couldn't finish the highly important paperwork.

Called boss's boss to let him know,even though I knew there was nothing he could do about it. He says to call the safe co. to have them come tomorrow to see what the problem is, and to call my boss to let him know what's going on.

My boss was PISSED. At me. Because when he popped in, the safe opened fine. Hell, it opened for me once. He didn't have any problems at all, all week.

The thing is, he knew there was a chance of this happening, so he left me his key. That key didn't work, either.

Tomorrow is going to suck, because the safe co. doesn't open for business until 8 am.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Always remember, big sis...you've got the family timing, and that includes sucky safes with attitudes.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just be nice to it. Tell the safe it's pretty, but it a few drinks. It'll open up.

Comment

The guys at my previous job, before I took their job, used the safe to store their Rum, Brandy and other liquors. That is why the tapes (when I used the safe for it's intended purpose) always smelled like a bar.

Did you try kicking the safe? Maybe some Thermite?
        Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

update!

Boss's boss came in. He tried to open the safe. It took him a few tries, but he eventually got it open.

I kept apologizing (anyone who knows me knows that that is the only fault in an otherwise perfect character), and he told me that I had nothing to apologize for. He told me to have the safe co. replace the lock.

The safe guy came in, and commiserated. Our safe has had various problems from time to time, and he is the one who helps us through them. He and our safe have "history."

He fixed it...by spraying it with electric contact cleaner or something.

He was going to replace the lock, but he didn't have the specific one with him. I hope that means he'll come back at some point in the near future, especially since he and boss's boss know that the lock has been messed up for a month or so already.

All's well that end's well...
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
            The safe guy came in, and commiserated. Our safe has had various problems from time to time, and he is the one who helps us through them. He and our safe have "history."

When will they legalize their relationship?
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              When will they legalize their relationship?
              Maybe after ten years they will be married by"common law."

At least we know it'll be safe sex in the meantime.

*ducks and runs away*
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Why didn't I think of that???
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X