This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what happens

When you act like an idiot, take days off, and show up late every day. Two temps got fired leaving me the only one left out of the three that were brought in. One kept taking days off, the other wouldn't do anything and they both showed up late everyday since we started in the beginning of August. I wound up working 6 hours today because we were shorthanded but its okay. I wound up making hangers, pricing, and hanging orders. The good news was I got told they don't have any intention of firing me because I get my job done and show up on time.

Sounds like my last job; hired as a temp paralegal, by a law firm. BIG case, lots of scut work, which us temps did. I came in, on time, and did my job, whatever I was assigned, until I finished it, or was pulled for something else. Others, not so much. Bitched and socialized all day long.

one was quite surprised, and vocal about it, when I was offered permanent position after like 4 months, she was not. And she had been there over a year, therefore she was ENTITLED to it, not me. Never mind she was one of the worst offenders!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      one was quite surprised, and vocal about it, when I was offered permanent position after like 4 months, she was not. And she had been there over a year, therefore she was ENTITLED to it, not me. Never mind she was one of the worst offenders!
      But work is just like school though!

Isn't it?!
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
      X