This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you can't help but chuckle!

This past week our entire unloading crew walked off the job, never to return. As most of you have probably experienced, it's been a helluva hot summer. Our back room is like a sauna and stinks to high heaven.

Well, since there's no one to unload the trucks, guess who got to do the honors this week?

The managers. Every last one of them.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Bahahah--

... wait? the entire crew? what happened?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      ...what happened?
      A while ago, the head honcho at corporate got fed up and left. The new CEO is a complete ass. He's turned the company upside down, makes demands on management that cannot be met and those demands are filtered down to the employees.

The place is literally falling apart. Corporate has eliminated a lot of positions which used to do price changes, set the ads, etc. Now, that work has fallen on us and there's not enough people, nor time, to do the work. The stock sits in the back room for over a week before even being touched. The last two Saturdays during our 'big one-day sale' most of the stuff that was on sale was still sitting in the back room.

But through all this, corporate continues to cut hours.

There have been a lot of walk-offs lately and many long-timers have been forced out. New people are hired but once they see and experience the stressful chaos, they just quit. When you're working for minimum wage and have a manager up your ass all day, there's no reason to stay.

They can't keep cashiers. New cashiers are hired all the time but few last more than a week or two. This means a shortage in cashiers, which forces those of us on the floor who are register trained to go up to run a lane several times a day, leaving us even further behind in our departments.

It really is a mess. My dept has new stock in the back from nearly 2 weeks ago...and as each day goes by...we care less and less.
      Last edited by Retail Associate; 08-23-2010, 04:12 AM.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

How fascinating-- er, I mean, HOLY SHAZZBOTS. O.O
        This should be made a documentary, to memorialize the ... utter Titanic mess this whole thing is...
        EDIT: I suppose this is a standard case of "laugh or cry"... or "laugh or eviscerate."
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          How fascinating-- er, I mean, HOLY SHAZZBOTS. O.O
          This should be made a documentary, to memorialize the ... utter Titanic mess this whole thing is...
          EDIT: I suppose this is a standard case of "laugh or cry"... or "laugh or eviscerate."
          By "this thing" do you mean the OP's particular company or the whole craptastic economy we live in?
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
            This past week our entire unloading crew walked off the job, never to return. As most of you have probably experienced, it's been a helluva hot summer. Our back room is like a sauna and stinks to high heaven.

Well, since there's no one to unload the trucks, guess who got to do the honors this week?

The managers. Every last one of them.

Pics or it didn't happen.

The backroom at the swamp is bad--anyplace that doesn't have good AC is this time of year--but management at least let us requisition a few fans for the backroom, and we get to have drinks back there with us since the water cooler was taken away.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              By "this thing" do you mean the OP's particular company or the whole craptastic economy we live in?
              I meant the particular company, I'm well-assured that the national economic problems/issues will be memorialized in film.

Comment

Working...
              X