This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more days

I have inventory tomorrow night then I open Friday. After that it's a three day weekend then I start my new job! I am so excited.

Inventory is going to suck, though. Please pray we get some RGIS people that know what they are doing.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

We were blessed by the inventory gods! We had the best supervisor and not 9, but 14 counters came!!!! I have never had an inventory go so smoothly.

Funny thing is, we had to 100% pre-count the stockroom. I had two associates do it. One of them apparently can't count. I think only 3 or 4 of their areas were right. Ugh, and we were worried about RGIS.

We started the stockroom at 6:30, the floor at 9:30 and we were out by 1:45am. How happy am I?? Considering two of our other stores had inventories from hell. They both took 12 hours.

Now one day left. Tomorrow is my last day. I will miss my staff terribly. I am already thinking about who I want to try and take with me. I already have one associate strongly considering it. She wants to wait till I am actually there so I can tell her what it's like.

I can't wait to start my new job.
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Congrats, ZumZum! I've been out of the loop lately, but last I remember you said you were working at a popular retail store. Mind telling this poor, uninformed soul about your new gig?
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Haha GG.
        I am leaving the clothing world. I am headed into the upscale cosmetics world. I am so excited. This was job "A" that I had been referring to in my threads about 3 months ago or so.

This is one of the best decisions I feel I have made. I am very confident that this is going to be fantastic.

Comment

Oh, yes, I remember that thread! Glad to see you're confident in your decision!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
          X