Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a good way to increase sales IMO....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good way to increase sales IMO....

So, I got a customer a little while ago that said she bought a computer from a Kiosk inside the retail store. When I asked her if she had the receipt, she said the kiosk clerk took it and told her "You'll get it back when you finish the payments...."

Huh?

I decide to look into this situation, and it turns out that our retail store has partnered with a rent-to-own establishment, sounds like Flexible Compass. It's only in select markets and they call it "the no credit center" (real name changed). Basically, they want to move merchandise to people with bad or no credit in an effort to add more sales.

When I told one of my CW's about this, he said "That isn't a good idea, people have bad credit or no credit for a reason."

Plus, everybody who knows anything about retail knows rent-to-own places are a scam anyways (which I'm not going to get into here).

I have a feeling that the retail store is going to regret this when many of the products are repo'ed due to people not making the payments (And like another CW said, a good amount of the products will be vandalized when people find out the item is going to be taken back).

Yikes. This is not going to end well.

Time for popcorn?
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
      Basically, they want to move merchandise to people with bad or no credit in an effort to add more sales.
      Geez, that sounds kinda like dousing yourself in perfume to avoid bee stings.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Anybody ever read "Wheels" by Arthur Hailey? (guy that wrote "Airport" and "Hotel"; he seems to like one-word titles) There was a small subplot about people buying merchandise (e.g. TVs) on installments, and then never making the payments. When the stuff inevitably gets repossessed, the repo man asked the customer how come he bought the thing in the first place if he knew he couldn't afford it, and the guy shrugged and said "Well, I got a TV for three months, anyway." Lost his down payment, but it was cheaper than three months rental on a TV. I haven't got the book in front of me now, but it was something like that.

(w00t! 600 posts)

Comment

Working...
        X