This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The roof is on Fire!!!

Well, actually it was an electrical fire at the greeting cards. A customer spotted it and I called it in to management. they had no idea what I was talking about. We tried a fire extinguisher that calmed the fire and that nice yellow dust that infected the air. That stuff hurts when you (meaning me ) has a cold with a horrible cough. Management didn't even know if we should evacuate the store. REALLY?? Oy! Anyways, the store was evacuated, FD showed, and all was well....sorta. The customers were ticked that they had to leave and couldn't just check out real quick. I didn't even flinch with that. I've been involved in a few work fires and they all react the same. The "can't I just check out these two items real quick. I'm in a hurry!!" bit. Yeah, you're in a hurry and we are ON FIRE, MORON!!! I weep for this is a world I'm handing over to my children.
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Quoth BethB View Post
    I weep for this is a world I'm handing over to my children.
    Make sure to include a gift receipt so they can return it for an exchange.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I remember when my store was on fire. The fire was 50 feet from the register a woman was buying an umbrella from. She wouldn't leave. She had to turn around to look at the fire to scream bloody murder and run out of the store.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
        I'm surprised the people who are selfish enough to expect to be checked out during a fire don't try to take advantage of the situation and just walk out of the store with the merchandise.
        They try. We had small fire in a refrigerated case, bad burning electrical smells and all, we had people standing at each door, going "oh, let me take the cart for you" as people headed for the door.

Comment

Working...
        X