X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female guest of Drama dept. head held up traffic

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=69512

I used the suggestions in the above post, & they worked!!

Here is what happened.

Visitor parking was reserved for an event today. The full sign was on when I got to work, & so I placed the big white sign stating Visitor parking is closed for an event in front of the booth.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=65329

One of "Dr. Jones" guests drove up to the Visitor parking booth around 11:30 a.m. today.

me: "Hi"
    female guest: "I am a guest of "Dr. Jones", the Drama dept. head, & I am here for a meeting with him & several of his drama students. I was given a faculty/staff permit to park in the faculty/staff garage *points to that garage*. There are no spots in that garage. My meeting is at 11:30 a.m., & I need to park."

Several people had already arrived for the reserved event. At that point there were some open spots in Visitor parking, but every parking spot had already been reserved & already paid for, & so she could not park.

me: "I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to raise the gate. The thing is every spot has already been reserved, already paid for, & the parking spots are only for people on the event list."
    female guest: "So where do I park at?
    me: "Since you have a faculty/staff parking permit you will have to park at the faculty/staff lots"
    female guest: "But there are open spots in the garage!!!"
    me: "I'm sorry, but the parking spots cannot be released until later on today."

She calls "Dr. Jones" on her cell phone. The booth window was open, & so I could hear her talk to him.

female guest *frustrated at this point*: "Hi, I am at the window, but they are not letting me park. I am being told that guest parking is reserved. There must be some kind of event. Of course you know there are spots available in guest parking. So what do I do? Where am I supposed to park? Yes, guest parking is reserved."

"Dr. Jones" puts her on hold. A line of traffic forms behind her. Someone here for the reserved event walks up to the booth window & shows me her invitation.

Female guest's cell phone rings. It is "Dr. Jones".

female guest: "Hi, so what am I supposed to do? There is a line of traffic behind me. I have to park where? At the staff lots? Oh...ok"

female guest *still frustrated*: "Can you raise the gate for me?"

I raise the gate for her. She leaves.

At 12 p.m. Visitor parking was completely full. So every parking spot was needed for the event.
    Last edited by MadMike; 10-03-2010, 02:44 AM. Reason: Fixed links

High five!
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The Drama department is definitely the right place for her to be visiting. Kudos for handling her so well! I definitely do not have your patients with idiots (especially ones who lie like that).

Comment

I'm so glad the suggestions are helping.

I agree with Magpie, Drama was definitely a good place for her to be visiting.

Comment

Working...
        X