This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!Just Bizarre!

Boyfriend was looking up his company online because they have a new website and he wanted to see the photos on it.

By using google he found a photo of himself at work taken by a customer on this customer's blog with the caption "This guy served me today at Company x".
    Nothing negative.Totally unrelated to his work website.

Just bizarre.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Um, I hope your bf doesn't get stalked...
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah that's kinda weird, and slightly creepy.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
        slightly creepy.[/COLOR][/FONT]
        slightly??? Ick!
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

As long as they don't say ... serviced me ...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow, that really drives the point home, doesn't it? If it happens in public, there's a decent chance it'll be recorded and publicly distributed. When you go out in public, remember -- people just may be watching videos of you 50 years from now.

Comment

Is your boyfriend really hot?

I'm not trying to be skeevy, I'm just saying the person might be saying "look at this hot guy I saw today."

People do it.

Hell, when I told my friends that story about the hot backhoe driver that showed up at my house in the cowboy hat, some of them were all like "you should have taken a picture!" and I was all like "that's creepy even for me, okay? I don't want to be that person."

I will admit that the thought crossed my mind. The guy was hot. And I am a dirty old lady.

But no, that is creepy. Particularly that she posted it online. Not only is it creepy, but it's very uncool and not very respectful. Posting pics online you don't have permission to post (especially if you didn't have permission to take the thing in the first place) is behaviour I would look askance at.

Comment

That is a bit worrying. I found pics of me a while ago that a camper had taken (big no no) and put up on their facebook. It had a pretty nasty caption about what they wanted to do to me (Like hurt me wise, I refused to give them the veggie option). One of my friends that was also friends with them tagged me in it so I could see what they wrote. Hubby sent them a message, and the pic was taken down.
                Still...that's creepy. How does he feel about his pic being there?
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Posting pics online you don't have permission to post (especially if you didn't have permission to take the thing in the first place) is behaviour I would look askance at.
                  Unfortunately these days it's common, and assumed ok.

Comment

If you are in a public place (as in truly public, like on the street, not public access, like in a shop), then there's really no permission that is required to be gotten. It's how the tabloids survive after all.

Of course, whether it's nice, or socially acceptable, or something you should do is another matter.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Is your boyfriend really hot?

I'm not trying to be skeevy, I'm just saying the person might be saying "look at this hot guy I saw today."

It *may* be because he is the same age and looks identical to Iggy Pop people are always remarking on it and once in London he was asked for his autograph.At an Iggy Pop concert he told people he was Igg's brother coz they kept staring at him!

Coz Iggy Pop always goes back to work for his employer once he has finished singing for the week.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        Unfortunately these days it's common, and assumed ok.
                        I know, and it wouldn't bother me nearly so much if once, JUST ONCE, someone managed to post a picture of me that doesn't make me look like Mr. Ed.

Heck, maybe I DO look like Mr. Ed. But I would rather delude myself that I don't.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                          By using google he found a photo of himself at work
                          I'm on page 2 of a GIS for something-not sure what to think of that though.....

yes you can pm me if you must know-nothing strange....
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I know, and it wouldn't bother me nearly so much if once, JUST ONCE, someone managed to post a picture of me that doesn't make me look like Mr. Ed.
                            HEAR HEAR! Jackdaw and I got into an argument over a picture that his cousin posted on Facebook (had obviously bought the rights from the wedding photographer). He was claiming that the only reason I questioned why a professional photographer would let it go out with his name on it was that I was in it and didn't like how I looked. As it turns out it looks ok from across the room. While yes, there are some composition issues with it if you're looking at it from right in front of the screen, I question how much of the improvement is because you can't see me nearly as well from further away.

Comment

I've got some pics that I took while in San Francisco, of workers at the Golden Gate Bridge. A pair of ironworkers, and a toll collector, to be exact. In both cases, they were okay with being photographed, as I asked first. But I have never posted the pics online, as it didn't occur to me to ask them if I could add the pics to my flickr account.

If somebody lets you take their pic, is it okay to put said pic online, or am I right to keep those pics to myself?

Comment

Working...
                              X