This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They made the Head Teller cry

It's been 6 months since the bank was closed by the FDIC and taken over by the new bank. Instead of changing things over gradually, and giving us time to get used to all the new processes, they dumped everything on us over the weekend. Everybody is horribly stressed out and cranky.

The tellers are getting the worst of it. Yesterday (Monday), they had all the new processes, new forms, and new account numbers to learn all at once. At 2:05 yesterday afternoon, the proof operator at the main branch called to tell us that all the tellers should have been balanced by 2:00. (Thanks for letting us know ahead of time.) This morning, various people at the main branch called to tell us all the things we did wrong. After about the 3rd call this morning, the head teller hung up the phone and started crying. She is the strongest person I know. She never breaks down. But today she did, even going so far as saying she would resign if they didn't find a workable solution for her and her tellers.

We had a meeting this morning to discuss all the things (forms, information, etc.) that we still need in order for this change-over to work. I hope that in another year we can look back and say, "That was awful, but we made it through."
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, some managers (not all) loose touch with what the common worker has to go through. So they initiate crazy things, and wonder why it causes problems. Here is hoping that things work out, and offer that person who cried some cookies from CS. *offers cookies*
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thanks. Things were better today, but there's still a lot of things that need to be straightened out before our workflow can go smoothly. The folks at the main branch are trying to work with us, now that they've realized how much they missed when they were training us.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Always had to love the 'Oh oops, forgot to tell you x, y, z.'

Comment

sounds like a positively wonderful experience.

Have some hugs and cookies, it will get better soon. thats the thing about being thrown in the deep end, you struggle to start with, but as you get used to it you start to thrive.

heres to how much better it will get for you!
          "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
          Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
          X