This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma strikes - again?

When I first moved to south Florida I met up with an assistant store manager. Let's say my relationship with him was never good. I interviewed in the store he was an assistant at with the manager, he sat in on the interview and when I left, after the door closed I heard him say "another f***ing New Yorker coming using this company to move down here". (I never lived in New York, but that's besides the point).

Over the years, including some time working in a store he was an assistant manager in, I learned that he was nasty, impersonal, demeaning, insulting, hypocritical, stubborn, ignorant, and had just about every prejudice you could imagine. Add in the fact that he was sick (emphysema?) and had that evil sounding half-cackle, half-cough for a laugh.

To day the least, he wasn't a very pleasant person to work with. He only liked you and treated you well if you kissed his rear end, and then he'd let you get away with anything (I caught one of the kissers red handed stealing from the company and giving large discounts and free equipment to their family - when I reported it he spun the story around and almost got me fired).

A few years ago the company let him go (not on his own free will). At time time I was glad to see he was gone. He wasn't a good manager (numbers were never good with him, very unhappy employees under him, etc..) and I'm sure his personality didn't help him out either.

Fast forward to last year I heard that this person had died. While I did feel sorry for his family, he was sick (as mentioned before) and racking up in the years. I felt no loss when I heard he had died but at least I knew he wasn't going out of his way to make others' lives miserable anymore.

You'd think his death would be the end of this but, as like many rumors, it wasn't true.

I was in one of my stores today working on some issues and I noticed a ban order from the local police department. Only one other time in my career did I see a store getting the police involved to ban a customer from the store (that customer threatened to "take my ass to the curb and that wasn't a threat, I could bank on it"). I thought that this person must have done something really bad to make the store manager go this far (and it takes a lot to push this manager).

Then I look at the name - it was the former assistant manager. My first thought was "I thought he was dead?". I asked one of the reps I used to work with and he did say what the person did but didn't know the former assistant manager. This customer was very insulting to the staff on several occasions, threatened the employees, even spewed prejudices from his mouth towards some of them (including ethnic related slurs).

I knew the new store manager of this store and I asked him, since he was a manager who had the assistant serve under him but he didn't think it was (he took over this store recently). He didn't think it was the former assistant but someone with the same name.

I sent a message to a friend of mine to see if they knew anything. A few hours later, I had a confirmation, it was that former assistant manager. While I'm not surprised at his actions, the karma part of this is that he lives close to this store and the next closest store is a 45 minute drive away, close to an hour for a repair site. Just imagine how happy he is when he has to drive that distance to get his phone or account worked on.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

So then is he a zombie?

Comment

Working...
    X