This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusting off the old resume

So I've decided to send off the old resume and starting to apply for relief positions in....childcare!
    I do not have any qualifications but a lot of the places will accept that and have stated that they are looking for both qualified and unqualified staff.

I'm hoping this might help me with my goal to become a primary school teacher.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

That's cool! I hope you get something (preferably one that doesn't just involve picking up after the kids). Put on your cover letter that your eventual goal is to be a primary teacher, especially if you're applying to work with that age group. It makes you look interested, which is what they want when they're hiring someone without qualifications. (Also, if your teachers' colleges are structured the way they are here, experience with kids is not only helpful, but required to get in.)

Comment

I do have some work experience with little kids, but no records of the first two experiences.

The first experience was on/off throughout primary school as the childcare next door wanted colunteers.
      Second experience was one week required for work experience and I also did childcare.
      Third experience was with the music teacher at a local K-12 school. I loved it! (and that's what confirmed my decision to work primary school)

Comment

Bumpy for an update.

An email popped into my job-hunting inbox last night from the HR department of one of the childcare places I applied for (I've sent out applications to about three different companies, but this one's one of the bigger ones).

I'm getting a phone interview sometime this week

Comment

Oh, sweet.

Keeping my fingers and other assorted body parts crossed for you.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

and I got an email in my uni inbox (I used to use my uni email for job-hunting since it sounded more professional), looking for people for <arcade>.

I'm expecting an interview from them, which will be the THIRD interview.

Comment

Working...
            X