This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess some scars will never heal

I had the most awful, scary dream last night.

I was dreaming that I was working on my new desk job. I was quite happily working away, when the head teacher arrived.

H: I've got good news customersruinmylife! We have decided that while you are working on the desk, you can serve the parents drinks while they wait!

Suddenly, several workmen entered, and they started installing beer pumps, spirit optics and a coffee machine.

H: We thought with your experience working in a pub, you would be the best person for the job! Enjoy!

She walked away, and I was left with a massive line at the desk, each parent in the line was screaming and shouting drink orders. It was just like a busy Saturday night shift at the pub. I also had one lady who appeared at the end of my desk, and repeatidly asked:

L: I want to order food. I want to order food. I want to order food.
    Me: We don't serve food here!
    L: How can you serve drink and not food! Fucking ridiculous! Rarrrrarrrrrrrraaaa!

People were waving money at me, screaming and shouting, and I noticed that they were gradually turning into the grumpy old people I used to have to serve at the pub.

Then I woke up. Thank God.

eep! I hope you recover soon . That's an awful dream to have.

Comment

Stop eating those weird things that u eat just before u go to bed & maybe you'll stop having those dreams...lol.

Comment

I always start getting the ex-job dreams a few months after leaving. Luckily I've had the same job for over six years, but I still occasionally have dreams about something that happened here. I still dream about the convenience store, picture framing, the paper-delivery route (which was fun but really bad to the car), and the environmental lab.
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I had a dream about my work a couple times... One was right before i flew down to Vegas, and my little sister was there, and I had everything I needed, and my flight was boarding and OH NOES! my tickets and passport were AT HOME. which was a 1-hour turn-around time delay. i remember panicking, but i don't recall how I solved it. Horrid dream lol.

the second one was shortly after one of my coworkers died. (He'd had lupus.) in my dream, the funeral had been held in one of the restaurants (which was also a branded coffee shop, for some reason) and customers were either ignoring the casket prominently laid out on top of tables, or watching with a curious/offended air... it made for a strange day after waking up
          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I can't recall ever having actually dreamed about any place I've worked.

The closest was one time I had a fever dream about having called in sick. The boss was surprised that I hadn't called when I came in the next day because I always call in.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Please. I still get dreams that I'm in high school. Some scars just never heal.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                I get those, too. In fact, just the other night I dreamt that they found a way to legally make me 16 again. They took away my driver's license and forced me to go back to high school! It was a horrible nightmare!!!

I don't have too many dreams about the motel, but I dream all the time about my paper route. Usually, I dream that my route changes or I forget who I'm supposed to deliver to, and often ends with me just guessing where the newspapers go.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

That does it CRML. No more Japanese food before you go to bed.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't specifically dream about the places I work at, but different aspects of the job find their way into my dreams. A good example was when I spent 2 weeks straight doing nothing for 10 hours a day but caulking/grouting/tiling. I'd have dreams at night where I'd be walking up and down the highway caluking all the cracks I saw, or be in a supermarket and trying to calk holes in the walls or whatnot. Recently I did a 3 week stint of painting, and in my dreams the last while I've been carrying a edging brush everywhere!
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                      I get the school dreams too. Usually when I'm on vacation. This past summer, I had random school dreams once at least every two weeks. In one of 'em, though, I was at Yale instead of my actual school. *knows what the Yale campus looks like because that's where her sister went to school to become a PA* And, also, Joel Tobeck was in that dream for no reason at all.
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                        I get the school dreams too. Usually when I'm on vacation. This past summer, I had random school dreams once at least every two weeks. In one of 'em, though, I was at Yale instead of my actual school. *knows what the Yale campus looks like because that's where her sister went to school to become a PA* And, also, Joel Tobeck was in that dream for no reason at all.
                        I get them too and I've been out of school for 10 years. They usually center around me realizing I had a term paper due 10 years ago and no idea how I'm going to get it done!
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I've had dreams about school, but it's never been a school I've ever attended, and the scenarios are usually things that I've never experienced. A school campus just happens to be one of the stock settings my dreams take place in.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X