This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth the Wait?!

So last Friday I was hired at Wally World. However, I still haven't started training. It was supposed to be this week, but it never happened. Now I'm used to waiting a long time between an interview and being hired. But I have never had to wait this long between being told I was hired at a job, and starting training.

So I was curious, What was the longest time you had to wait between being hired and starting work?
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Technically, I was told I was hired mid-march and didn't start my training until the end of April, just because thats when the class was scheduled to be. Usually training is within 3 days of the "youre hired" call.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I had one job I was working at work a week before I even filled out an application. Lol another I got fired the day before I was supposed to show up because I gave preference to my first job that paid more
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Three months. Entirely due to my old boss continually promising to get the new job a reference/statement of how I was as a worker then not doing it. They eventually gave up, but had tried every few days for three months by the end of it before realising exactly why I'd quit.

Comment

It has been five years. I am still waiting on my training. Pretty much sat down, told "Go to it" and that was it. Not that the job I am doing is rocket science or anything. No training though.

Edit : Will be Six years of of May 27. Somehow I doubt I will ever receive 'training'.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

At my current job, I started the day of my interview. Small businesses are awesome like that. I didn't have any training though; even then, I knew more about the job than literally everyone else here.
            Last edited by roothorick; 10-10-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

told I had the job early Oct. began paid training late Nov.

Comment

*thinking* A week, I believe, because I had to take a drug test and wait for the results.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

hired mid April, training class didn't start until June 1st

Comment

depends on the job. i think the longest i had to wait for training on something was when i worked the amusement park. i was there for 2 years, with multiple shifts scheduled on a ride i hadn't been trained for... and i didn't get the training for it until 2 months before I quit.
                    "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                    ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I find it funny how many people were working at a job without training.

However, the question was, "What was the longest time you had to wait between being hired and starting work?". As opposed to how long one had to wait for training.
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Oh in that case, probably 4 days is the longest.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm kind of an odd duck in this one. Every job I've ever had I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

In one case, the guy handed me the keys to the office and told me when to open up. I was alone, with the keys, in an office with a number of high end Macs after having spoken to the owner of the company for about 20 minutes.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Heh - my intake batch at my place were the ones who had to come up with the training manuals etc. Was somewhat amusing in retrospect, but a bit of a bugger at the time.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                              I find it funny how many people were working at a job without training.

However, the question was, "What was the longest time you had to wait between being hired and starting work?". As opposed to how long one had to wait for training.
                              On The Job Training.
                              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                              X