This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAGS, AHH! Bags are the bane of my existence

I'd sure like to know who is responsible for the clusterfucks in our bag orders. It's a busy Sunday, and . . . we're out of bags. Except for what is hanging on the carousels right now, of course. We were winding down to using the great big ones, which isn't so great because you can only put so much in before they tear. My back is killing me, and someone said we won't get any in until Thursday. I'm not off again till Thursday I offered to drive to the store in the next town and pick up some since I have a truck, but they said only a member of management is allowed to do that. Hopefully they'll at least get us the crappy, flimsy, 't-shirt bags', because a Volde-Mart supercenter without anything to put people's purchases in is . . . well frankly we're all screwed, LOL.

Oh wait, that's not funny . . .
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Try being bag free by law....

Oh boy, the bitching that ensued.....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've never understood how a store can run out of something so essential not due to a sudden spike in usage, but just a lack of ordering. When I worked at *big box retail*, our store did a million in sales a week and we'd run out of:

1) Bags, which left us scrambling and, if we were lucky, getting some cheap-ass replacement bags bought at *competitor*
      2) Paper towels - so we'd "store use" towels out of stock, which meant customers stole them, dropped them on the floor (and made them useless), etc
      3) Toilet paper - same as above
      4) Cleaning supplies - just....ew
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wow, it takes five days to get bags in? Yikes.

Comment

When I went in Sunday evening, the registers were once again stocked with plenty of bags. I understand they showed up sometime that afternoon, though no one knows if it was from another store or if they came in on a truck. And I don't really suppose I care. I didn't think it was possible to be so incredibly happy to see a Volde-Mart bag, but it is, people. It is.

Comment

Yeah, what's up with that? We always had that problem at Ross Work for Less too! Seriously, we always had so few bags on hand at any given time, you'd think the store was going out of business the next day! The tissue paper for wrapping breakable items was another problem. When that ran out, we had to use the bags to wrap the items, using up the bags even faster. And they also had to run up to the drugstore to buy TP and hand soap now and then.

I never worked register during my years at Walfart, so I don't know how my store's bag situation was. We always at least had bathroom supplies, but we'd run out of the paper towels and TP on the store shelves, and they'd have to go to Target to buy that stuff to fill the shelves whenever we were expecting a visit.
            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Last year, when the new AM took over, we were always out of bags. It was embarrassing.

We had to go to our sister store (owned by the same people, but one is ours, and one is theirs ) and get bags.

I kept mentioning to one of the night managers that it was weird that we were promoting the competition.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Garbage bags with us. Garbage backs run out all the time. But then, once, we had an entire week where trash could not be thrown away because the compacters were full and Corporate refused to pay for the compacters (we used to have two then, not just one) to be emptied.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We run out of paper towels for the bathrooms a lot, too. It's aggravating because I really don't want to spend most of my break with my hands up under a dryer in the bathroom. Not to mention winter is coming up and that's gonna dry out people's hands like I dunno what. I always tell at least one manager if the soap is out though. I can't handle the thought of customers not using soap after they've used the toidy

Fortunately I'm starting in the pharmacy next week. The bag issue is no longer my problem

Comment

Ran out of cheese in a fast food burger joint.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

For me--hanger bags.

Some time ago we started a program where all empty clothes hangers are supposed to be collected from the checkouts, taken to the backroom, and placed in a big, tarp IKEA bag on steroids. When the bag is full we close it up, slap some stickers on it indicating it came from our store, and ship it back to the DC so the hangers can be reused.

As of Friday our last bag was just about full. It will definitely be full by Monday. This will be about the third time we haven't gotten in our resupply of hanger bags on time. So if push comes to shove the hangers will just go in the garbage.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Weird. Ours go into a giant cardboard box. I mean, it's 6 foot x 6 foot. I have no idea how they get it on the truck, unless they use the forklift.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Our equivalent of this at the library has to be with the grey delivery bins. They're basically that ONLY thing we can use to pack hold requests/anything which needs to be sent to other libraries in the system, and the number we have on hand depends on how many were sent to us in that day's delivery. So.....if we run out of bins, we can't pack up anything else that particular day.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                            We run out of paper towels for the bathrooms a lot, too. It's aggravating because I really don't want to spend most of my break with my hands up under a dryer in the bathroom. Not to mention winter is coming up and that's gonna dry out people's hands like I dunno what. I always tell at least one manager if the soap is out though. I can't handle the thought of customers not using soap after they've used the toidy
                            Who says they use it when it's there?
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Weird. Ours go into a giant cardboard box. I mean, it's 6 foot x 6 foot. I have no idea how they get it on the truck, unless they use the forklift.
                              If they do it like we do it, they set the box on a pallet, then use the forklift or pallet jack to get it on the truck.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X