This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviewing new hires

My company has a neat system for hiring new people in my branch. One or two phone interviews start, and everyone who can do the job the company's offering comes in for face to face. At that point, it's all about making sure personalities are a match.

As much as I like the system, it's always awkward interviewing people who have such shiny, impressive resumes. Here I am, barely four years into working software, and today will consist of talking with someone who has closer to twenty under his belt.

He seems like a neat guy either way. We shall see when it's my turn. *crosses fingers*

Just keep reminding yourself: at the point you are face to face with him, it is no longer about the resume. It is about if you can get along with this person.

Any employee worth anything knows that teamwork is essential, and someone who cannot make you look forward to working with them is not a good candidate.
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Besides, the resume may be impressive, but it's just part of the picture. You have to analyze the data supplied to you and compare it with the data you acquire when talking with the applicant in person. Many people have impressive resumes, that doesn't mean that what's on them is true.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
      X