This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Emily Post

I hate that there's no polite way to say "You're mumbling" to a client over the phone.

Worse that most of our clients have pretty thick accents. ><
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Sir (or Ma'am), phones sometimes don't transmit the nuances of accent well. If you could please speak just a bit louder and enunciate a little, we can get you your information much faster.

Comment

Blame the phone line.

Lie through your teeth about the connection being bad on your end so that you're not blaming them, even though they're totally at fault.

It might not help with their inability to enunciate, but it will do a lot to keep them from being docuhebags about being called on it.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just ask them if they could speak up a little....and I do it three or four times, however many it takes. They get the point eventually. If not, I do the best I can and put a note on the account: Very bad phone connection, could not understand customer.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You could say you have a slight cold or something and the decongestants aren't working well.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yeah, those might work once or twice. This isn't tech support or a call center. I'm on the phone with these same people 2 or 3 times a month, sometimes more if there's an issue with their bookkeeping. ><
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
            X