Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a super Sewer (Sewist? Sewinator?) apparently.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a super Sewer (Sewist? Sewinator?) apparently.

So, I made a super-cool dragon pillow for someone here on the forums. This person received their dragon pillow recently, and I have not started a display one for myself yet. However, I did order sprinkle buttons, which are cool.
    This is the dragon...in all of it's glory. Beautiful, isn't it?

Sorry for the blurry pic, I'm still figuring out my camera. >.<
    It took me almost two weeks to hand-sew, especially the veining on the wings.
    Yesterday, mum asked if I was making one to sell at the craft fair...tomorrow.
    I told her no, because really? In two days? Her reason: "Well, you know lots of people would want to buy one."
    Sure, but really?
    Of course, she told my dad she's setting aside part of her next paycheck to buy one of my dragons to display at work. Maybe now I'll get my flower painting back from 10th grade. And dad is commissioning me to make him a little mascot of our late dog, who was super cool and stuff. I'm making one to go in his truck.
    Her joke or whatever this is cost me a panic attack though, I was seriously about to pee myself when she said it.
    So...anyone have suggestions on how to not panic at a fall fair? I had like 1.5 panic attacks last Saturday, and tomorrow my grandma's coming with...she's also super panicky. I'm probably bringing lots of tea...and stuff to do.
    I'm still a craft-fair noob, so any and all advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by zombiequeen; 10-23-2010, 02:07 AM. Reason: blurry picture
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

breaaaaaaaaaaath.

and if you would make one of these, but stuff it full of catnip, i'd be interested in buying some sewinator product
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Yeah, hubby keeps saying "Breathe...again...again..." and so on until i calm down.
      Also, what kind of catnip do you prefer?
      I make all sizes too, this one is kitty-sized. Like, as big as the average kitty.
      I do make catnip toys though.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Ooooh cute dragon! I love the eyes!
        Perhaps you can make yourself a little squeeze toy to focus on, when panic starts to creep up on you.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Can you remember the 4x4 breathing?
          Inhale for at least four seconds, try to get to your bellybutton with the inhaling.
          Then take about four seconds to exhale.
          Blank your head out as much as possible while doing this.
          Then, repeat inhale/exhale four times.

If you feel panic building up, go behind your curtain in your booth and take five.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I actually did really well today and didn't panic. The worst part though was I had to pee all day, and I didn't want to use the restroom because the lights were off and the doors didn't have latches. The heat was also off and it rained, but the crowd was fairly decent for even that.
            But...I made over double this time, so that's good. And a couple of people requested commissions!
            I'll have to remember the 4x4 breathing though, that sounds like it would help.

Funny thing, there was this kid who was playing with the octopuses I crocheted. His mum was holding the baby, so she was like "Ok, stop playing, let's go. [baby's name] is getting fussy so we can't stay." The baby kicked, and knocked a couple things off. The boy picked them up, but then looked super confused and put them in his bag. Mum told him "Not in your bag, on the table." Then he put them back and organized the table for me. It was kind of odd, but thinking about it, was super funny.

Comment

Working...
            X