This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad dreams about work

I woke up in a totally bad mood today because I had a dream about an SC that totally ticked me off. I need a vacation. Anyone else at that point?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Yep and thank goodness for weekends! This past week was hell. Fortunately customers were actually quite nice, we were just short-staffed and hella-busy. I hate not being able to get my own work done a I let a lot of things slide this week. I didn't sleep well all week and had either bad work dreams or dreams about money. Ouch. As I said, thank goodness for weekends. It helps that we're fully-staffed again, so I'll be Happy Bainsidhe once again.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hell, my job has me on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        Hell, my job has me on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
        Is it understaffed? That's always our issue.

Comment

I have pretty much the same bad dream about work every time: The store's closed, the doors are locked, but the customers keep getting in and will not leave. Sounds humorous, but it's such a stressful, miserable dream.

Comment

Augh dreams about being at work are as bad as those dreams of being in school where your naked and didn't do your project
            "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

For several months after I started working full time I kept dreaming I was working. Only I was advising supernatural/weird creatures...

Not exactly a bad dream, just odd. And a bit monotonous.

Last week I dreamed I was arguing with my manager though. He told me I was no longer allowed to go in at 10 on Tuesday and Friday (we have so many hours a week to work, and have to be there between 10 and 3.30 and for any hours we have specific work - like appointments and client time, but can otherwise work flexibly. I hate mornings so I go in as late as possible on non client days, and I'm happy working late). When I asked him why he just kept saying "Birdseed". Then he walked around my apartment writing on things....

The next day at work he was in an unusually good mood and wandered up to the office I share with my coworker D to say good morning. I found I was really angry with him, just because of the dream. I did manage to pretend otherwise though.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth ravevolution View Post
                Augh dreams about being at work are as bad as those dreams of being in school where your naked and didn't do your project
                Try dreaming about being at work sans pants. I have.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Try dreaming about being at work sans pants. I have.
                  Have you been ordering pants from Gravekeeper in your sleep, Irv?

Comment

Quoth Beisbolica View Post
                    I have pretty much the same bad dream about work every time: The store's closed, the doors are locked, but the customers keep getting in and will not leave. Sounds humorous, but it's such a stressful, miserable dream.
                    It doesn't sound humorous at all; I've had similar dreams and hate them. You wake up all stressed and angry and less rested than you were when you went to bed.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Is it understaffed? That's always our issue.
                      That's part of it.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        It doesn't sound humorous at all; I've had similar dreams and hate them. You wake up all stressed and angry and less rested than you were when you went to bed.
                        I had that dream a couple of weeks ago. It was during a nap between jobs. O~O

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Have you been ordering pants from Gravekeeper in your sleep, Irv?
                          I said without pants, not pink camo pants.

That would be a different kind of
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think another bad thing bout dreaming about your job is when after a stressful day and your excited to sleep cause the next day is your day off, way to F*ck up a deserved sleep EH?
                            "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Working...
                            X