This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bitch shift

It's the shift no one wants. It's the most traded around shift on the schedule, it's the one managers stay away from whenever possible and it's our slowest time of the week.

It's the Sunday night shift...and tonight I have to work it yet again. Seems like more often than not, I'm the poor sap who has to work Sundays. I had even requested this Sunday off but apparently my manager forgot when she made the schedule. I asked her about it and she did NOT offer to change it, she instead said I should try to find someone to work for me.

My only possible solution was to give the shift to someone and lose the hours completely, since the people I could trade with did not want to. The problem is I have so few hours this week (Thanks corporate!) that I can't really afford to just drop it. So once again I'm stuck working the bitch shift.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I would love to work a slow shift. All of them lately have consisted of massive amounts of foot traffic and phonecalls. Sundays are our busiest days, up until 5:00 or 6:00, when we have to clean up the utterly destroyed store. Wanna trade?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I feel your pain, Crazed. I work like every Sunday. I've had to miss so many family parties/showers I can't even count.

Comment

Working...
      X