Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first thing I do when I come home from work is...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was working, I'd put everything down and bug my husband until dinner was ready, then decide what homework I felt like or needed to do that evening. If I was on call, one of the first things I did after dinner was starting different programs on my laptop so that I could quickly fix things if I was called.

Now I'm a full time student. When I get home on my early days, I hunt for lunch. When I get home on my late days, I start dinner. When I get home from my clinical day, I make sad faces at my husband until he starts dinner. I take a shower while he's cooking so I can change my clothes without feeling like I'm getting the new outfit icky. After food on each day, I study for whatever class I'm most behind in or panicking the most about.

Comment

Nuzzle my kitty's tummy and then go destroy all on Counter Strike
      My Wajas cave

Comment

grab a beer and blast some music.
        If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

World of Warcraft. Lots and lots of World of Warcraft.

There's something about my job that makes bashing in Orc skulls with a large hammer for hours on end an appealing way to spend an evening. Not that my job is frustrating, exactly...quite the opposite, in fact...

Love, Who?

Comment

When I worked at the pub, it used to be I would have more than a few beers in an attempt to forget all about the shift.

Now, I just seem to end up watching soap operas or programmes like Road Wars

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              Change clothes and get a bite to eat, usually followed by something non stressful and relaxing (surfing the web, watching TV, playing video games).

What about you?
              I do exactly the same as you.

Comment

Depends on whether I worked day shift or overnight shift.

Day shift: Tell the kiddo to go change his clothes, take off my shirt, yell to the kiddo where his play clothes are, change pants, have to go find play clothes, start dinner, remember I'm not wearing a shirt and swear all the way to the bedroom, put on shirt, get kiddo started on homework, serve dinner, ask hubby how his day was, endure being sweared at, clean up dinner, look over kiddo's homework, turn on the computer, help the kiddo with whatever video game he's playing, check facebook, send kiddo to bed, work on sewing project, go to bed when can't focus any more

Overnight: Make breakfast, wake up kiddo for school, wake up hubby, run kiddo to school, come home again, take a shower, set alarm, collapse until alarm goes off.
                "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

When in school (fucking grad school), I'd usually drag my ass back to my room, strip down to my bra and underwear, turn on the television to the lowest volume so it was just a low lull and pass out for a few hours. Depending on how hungry I was, I may go looking for food prior to passing out. But usually I was so tired from walking all over the damn city (NYC in this case) that sleep would overcome hunger.

Comment

Sit down in front of my computer, open a certain website, unbutton my pants.... oh, sorry, didn't mean to scare the children.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
                      Sit down in front of my computer, open a certain website, unbutton my pants.... oh, sorry, didn't mean to scare the children.
                      Just grab your dick and double-click?
                      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                      My MySpace
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                      X