X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke 1000 today.

I sold the 1000th one.

Now I'm making it my goal to be the one who sells the most. I got cheated out of it today.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

have to be obtainable.
      and they have to keep their word on the prize.

had a divo on my first navy ship who tried that with me. they were trying to get everyone to get their ESWS qualifications completed and he told me if I got mine done before I made E5 the ship would let me slide on the height/weight requirements.

yeah. i didn't even bother asking someone else if that was true. i knew he was lying.

and i know what the businesses are thinking. they're thinking "gee they worked their asses off to get 500 sold... maybe we can encourage them to sell even MORE" while forgetting that ... the more you jerk the prize back, the more people will stop caring. until you get to the point that they're offering you tickets to that thing you love and diamonds... and they can't understand why you aren't motivated.

what they should have done was said "if you sell 500 you get the party" and once you hit 500, do the party and then say, "hey you did so well... if you can get us to 1000 we'll do another party!"

that way they get what they want, and the workers are still motivated. cos the prize was nice and they'd like to have it again.

Comment

Macy's did something kind of like that when I was there - "Tanya", our store manager had come up with a "Spring Cleaning" contest, where each department was supposed to get our register areas tidy, and whomever did the best job with this would win a party. (I forget the exact details, but that's basically how the contest went)

I never heard anything about it after the initial announcement, and when I asked a co-worker, she told me that apparently none of the departments had won the contest.

Comment

Update on my situation: they ended up doing one big pizza party for the whole property including the departments who didn't earn it. Still absolutely no mention of further prizes for the 100% team.
          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
          My MySpace
          My LiveJournal

Comment

I had one of those managers.

We had a certain amount of calls to make a day to hit targets.

under 50 - explain yourself
            51-75 - ok, do better
            75-99 - well done.
            100+ - brilliant! Bottle of champagne for you.

Within a week I broke the 100 mark twice. It hadn't been done for three years (when the person who did it was doing calls and reception too so the calls were much shorter usually).

So my line manager decides to OK it with the boss to give me something other than alcohol (I was on medication and not drinking at the time). She was only going to reward me once for the two times and I was ok with that.

The boss (department head) decides that this policy is stupid (after shoving it down our throats for a year that we must adhere to the policy and hit at least 75 a day or they want answers) and sends back emails to the line manager saying

"why should we reward her for doing her job!"

Line manager did apologise and said she wished she never asked and just got me something else instead!
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

We sold 1161. We could've sold more, but I helped make the decision to not do so, especially because the SA bell ringers made an early arrival this year and people wanted to donate to them.

I sold the most.

Rumor has it that the pizza party is happening on Friday, but I haven't heard anything officially.

Comment

Pizza "party" was today.

I was less than inspired.

Comment

Working...
                X