This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offended? By what exactly?

I went in the other day and my manager asked me where we hung a perticular banner that we had advertising my department. I asked why and he told me that due to a customer complaint an e-mail was sent out to everystore in teh country to have this banner REMOVED and DESTROYED (yes caps was used in the email).

i managed to get a print out of the image i just need to scan it and i will link it because im very confused as to what is offensive about this banner. I will give you a general overview of the images.

At the top it says something ot the effect of MAJOR HOME APPLIANCES AND MATTRESSESfolowed by 3 images below.

Image #1: Child of about 5 yrs of age, female, in red, jumping on a mattress in a white room. Bed is just a mattress with no covers or anything (as its advertising mttresses)

Image #2: Top half of a frontlod washer with 4-5 containers on top half filed or half colered red, the other part is either empty or clear (im not sure if its colored this way or is glasses with a red liquid) also in a bare room

Image #3: Man standing infront of an open refridgerator holding a child of about 1 or 2. Red milk bottles fill the fridge from top to bottom. Man is wearing a shirt that doesnt say anything on it but not sure if it is white or red. Baby has a red and white stripped shirt on and the man is holding him up to teh camera one han on the babies butt as the child is sitting there and the other holding the baby in place. All smiles.

Image 3 is the only one i consider maybe by some longshot there being a small complaint but im sooo curiouse what warrented such a bad complaint to have these signs pretty much wiped off the face of the earth. i'll try to find out but i dont think there is much hope as the email came from HQ.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I'm guessing either image #3, or the customer just can't stand the red and white combo.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Maybe because the Mans hand was on the babies butt, holding the baby to make sure it wont fall.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Or maybe.....

he thinks you're trying to subvert people to communism with the red motif!

Oh wait...this is to advertise goods for sale....never mind...

Comment

DSS, if you find out what the reason was you HAVE to post it. Any chance you can post a picture of the banner?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            I'm guessing either image #3, or the customer just can't stand the red and white combo.
            *snicker* due to the motif, I'm assuming this person works at Target?
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I dunno...the first image could be the one...a 5 year old girl jumping on a bare mattress in an empty room might be something someone (maybe a little dillusional) would think of as a turn-on for child molestors.
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

another option(Only cos it happened to me)

The 'customer' is one of the people in the image and had withdrawn their approval for said image to be used

At work we used to have a lovely image of a toddler grinning at the camera, 18months after the image was taken, we used the image for the second time (as allowed by the signed permission slip), of course we go to printers and onthe first day that the postcard was out, we had said 'customer' call in and go troppo over us using the image.

of course, its more likely, your customer just has 'issues' of one sort or another!

Comment

I'm not sure you can withdraw permission for use of a photo once given, though such usually involves a fee. If they signed the slip, they're bound by a contract. I suppose in the specified case, though, they'd have considered the fallout from an angry parent going to the newspapers and screaming blue murder.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    due to the motif, I'm assuming this person works at Target?
                    I'm guessing so, too.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

not saying yes not saying no :P leaning toward no. i misplaced the image so i will have to print off another copy next work day
                      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

The baby bottles are obviously filled with blood so you are condoning vampirism.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
                          I dunno...the first image could be the one...a 5 year old girl jumping on a bare mattress in an empty room might be something someone (maybe a little dillusional) would think of as a turn-on for child molestors.
                          Maybe Maria from the old PFB has re-surfaced. Did the girl in the picture have bare feet?
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                            Maybe Maria from the old PFB has re-surfaced. Did the girl in the picture have bare feet?
                            I'm new to PFB. Maria?
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                              I'm new to PFB. Maria?
                              She was, and probably still is, a level beyond crazy.
                              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Working...
                              X