Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're going to have a great day when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're going to have a great day when...

... you check your email right after your alarm goes off and see an email from your boss telling you that she and the only other person in your area are not coming in that day.

... you literally SLIDE into your parking spot. (Freezing rain FTW!)

... you get to work, and you're the ONLY PERSON IN THE BUILDING!! (I did hear one of the server guys come in... about 5 minutes late.)
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    ... you get to work, and you're the ONLY PERSON IN THE BUILDING!! (I did hear one of the server guys come in... about 5 minutes late.)
    I did that once. About an hour later, I called around to see what was going on, and it turned out they had closed the office that day, and forgot to call the techies.

I got paid to do a little server maintainence (yay for finally having a good time to run needed server updates!) and surf the web that day.
    Last edited by Dips; 12-21-2010, 08:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Well, an hour and a half later, we're almost running a full deck.

AAANNNNDDDDD..., I misread Manager's email. She IS coming in today, just this afternoon... Roads permitting.

And, yes, I too have worked a shift as the only ITer on campus. We had a storm dump a metric crapton of snow on us. This was right after my surgery, so I had no PTO, and they wouldn't close the college.

When I realized my car was going NOWHERE, I bundled up and WALKED the mile and a half (both uphill AND downhill, I'm just that cool) to work. I surprised several people who were out shoveling their driveways. They had to stop me and ask what the heck I was doing.

I made it in, and like GK, got paid to surf the web until about 2pm, when I got bored out of my skull, and was offered a ride home by one of the ladies in the business office who's husband had a truck with 4 wheel drive. MUCH better than having the CFO take me home at 4:30pm.
      Last edited by technical.angel; 12-16-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        Well, an hour and a half later, we're almost running a full deck...
        You?

Running with a full deck??

Won't that ruin your Solitaire strategies?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I said WE'RE running with a full deck. I wouldn't EVER say I'M running with a full deck.

And, I'm not allowed to play Solitaire at work. Or any game for that matter.

Comment

.... when you have to preface two back to back conversations (with different people) with "Don't kill the messenger."

Comment

I know I'm going to have a bad night when I cough near the end of my shift, having had a tickly throat all day and occasional coughing bouts, and can taste blood.

I don't piss about when coughing. I should.

Rapscallion, possibly ill

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                I know I'm going to have a bad night when I cough near the end of my shift, having had a tickly throat all day and occasional coughing bouts, and can taste blood.

I don't piss about when coughing. I should.

Rapscallion, possibly ill
                My sympathies. I have some kind of creeping crud, too. My stomach hurts from coughing and you don't want to know what I'm coughing up. Blehh.

Time for a hot toddy, methinks.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                X