This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwin Awards...

I work for a public works department in the solid waste division.

A colleague of mine is on the phone right now with a landscaping service. They said they had two mulch forks and a shovel on the curb NEXT TO THE TRASH, at a residence they were working at.

Our trash guys are required to pick up EVERYTHING that's at the curb as long as it's not too heavy or oversized.

This guy says that the mulch forks are gone, and it's our fault... he wants them back. He "doesn't care what those guys have to do."

You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Pardon my ignorance, but how is this person a Darwin Award?

On topic, all I can think is, "Yes, dumbass, lean the shovel against the trashcan and leave it there on Trash day. Buffoon."
    "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Quoth PW_Elle View Post
      This guy says that the mulch forks are gone, and it's our fault... he wants them back. He "doesn't care what those guys have to do."
      What an idiot. But he is tight about three our of four statements in that sentence.

The mulch forks are gone. He wants them back. He doesn't care what those guys have to do.

Unfortunately for them, it is his fault and he won't get them back, considering they are probably buried under tons of garbage by now.
      free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

This isn't really a Darwin Award.

A Darwin Award is when you kill yourself, or nearly kill yourself, in a stupid and highly amusing way.

Such as for example the guy who, thinking he was answering the ringing phone on his nightstand in the middle of the night, instead grabbed his loaded gun off the nightstand, which discharged when he put it to his ear. I remember this because I used to have Darwin Award desk calendars.

As it is, it's a pretty amusing story.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I probably shouldn't even admit this, but I actually have a cousin in the Darwin Awards.

Danny, the guy who got killed at Seaworld by the killer whale. Page 23 of the book (I don't know how many books there are. Mine is the one with the yellow cover.)

I have some weird ones in my family.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            A Darwin Award is when you kill yourself, or nearly kill yourself, in a stupid and highly amusing way.
            Actually, the definition of a Darwin Award, if I remember correctly, is 'Someone who betters the gene pool by removing themselves from it in a creative and unique way'. Therefore, someone who kills themselves by firing a bottle rocket up their nose can be disqualified if he has kids, but the guy who survives but can't reproduce because he castrated himself with a .22 qualifies.
            Last edited by NightAngel; 01-25-2007, 06:27 PM. Reason: NO NEED TO QUOTE ENTIRE POST
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

That's correct. If you survive blowing your unit off, you still qualify.

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                Therefore, someone who kills themselves by firing a bottle rocket up their nose can be disqualified if he has kids,
                Nope! they do allow it because the belif is that the offspring inherit genes to counteract the DA quality genes, or simply don't get the DA quality genes in the first place.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X