This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Helped a Celebrity Today...

....well, not directly. His people called my employer, we have his mortgage. (I never realized celebrities HAD mortgages.....)

I get a call from someone who says he is a trustee. Can't recall the loan number or correct SSN, so he calls his office. Gives me the SSN....

I bring up the mortgage for Nicholas Cage at **breach of privacy** !!!

"Is this...what I think it is?" I ask.

"Yes" was the answer, then proceeded with business.

MOD EDIT:
    Do NOT list people's addresses/phone numbers/personal information. You wouldn't like it if I listed your address on the internet for the world to see so don't do it to others.
    I would also like to note that Mr. Cage is your CLIENT and you should protect his and all client's privacy.
    A modicum of professionalism goes a long way.

ALSO:
    The last thing we need is for some stalker/fanatic type going, "I got his address off customerssuck.com..."
    Last edited by NightAngel; 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

I entered a workers comp. claim for a person who played a character on M*A*S*H (sorry.. due to HIPPA regs this is all I can give).

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
      <snip>

I bring up the mortgage for Nicholas Cage at **breach of privacy** !!! <snip>

<snip>
      MOD EDIT:
      Do NOT list people's addresses/phone numbers/personal information. You wouldn't like it if I listed your address on the internet for the world to see so don't do it to others.
      I would also like to note that Mr. Cage is your CLIENT and you should protect his and all client's privacy.
      A modicum of professionalism goes a long way.

ALSO:
      The last thing we need is for some stalker/fanatic type going, "I got his address off customerssuck.com..."
      I'm sorry, but this is HARDLY private information!!!

HE'S A *CELEBRITY!!!!*

*EDIT - Whether he is a celebrity or not, this site will not be responsible for linking to personal information ~Ree
      Last edited by Ree; 01-31-2007, 02:09 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
      Testing
      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Uh, I think we should all respect a celebrities right to privacy. They get attacked enough just trying to buy a coffee at the corner store.

Think about it yourself. Would you want anyone on the internet to know where you live? It's common sense, really.

Comment

Suffice it to say that maybe I should not have repeated information, but it was already out there for anyone doing a search. I also saw his SSN and remaining mortgage balance, but I ****OBVIOUSLY**** don't give THAT out, I need my job!
          Testing

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
            Suffice it to say that maybe I should not have repeated information, but it was already out there for anyone doing a search. I also saw his SSN and remaining mortgage balance, but I ****OBVIOUSLY**** don't give THAT out, I need my job!
            Well, thank goodness you aren't completely without sense and discretion.

May I call your attention to the site rules, specifically the section in bold print?
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=190
            I refer to this section:
            C. Forum Guidelines

1. Don't Give Out Personal Information
            In order to register on these forums, we require an email address. This is so we can verify your account status in case of a lost password, illegal access to your account, etc. Your email address may also be used by the board staff to contact you on issues that require your attention. Please note that ONLY mods and admins have access to your email address, and under no circumstances whatsoever will they disclose it to anyone else. Other members of the board do not have your contact information, unless you provide it to them on your own. Whether or not to share personal information such as your email address, your AIM, your ICQ, your name, your city, your picture, etc., is YOUR decision and YOUR responsibility, so please be careful. We cannot be held accountable for any problems that result from your giving out this information. For instance if you post you picture understand that someone may recognize you. (Due to the nature of this site, we recommend that you give out as little as possible.) By the same token, do not give out the private information of anyone else - be they fellow forumers, SCs, or whatever.
            I don't care whether all of that information is available on the internet.
            People will not find it on this site.

A moderator edited your post and warned you about respecting the privacy of your customers, and yet, you turned around and posted links to the information that was edited.
            I think we can nip this in the bud right now. I am editing the information and closing this thread.

Next time, when a moderator says no, pay attention.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X