• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Blueberry View Post
    'The Barbie Doll Collecting Handbook'
    and
    'Photo Collection of Sex Toys'

I'm not really sure what to think.
    What I'm thinking is that Barbie has been disgustingly repurposed.
    Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2007, 11:25 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Blueberry View Post
      The weirdest combination I have ever sold is to a guy who bought
      'The Barbie Doll Collecting Handbook'
      and
      'Photo Collection of Sex Toys'
      Two mislabelled gifts later, Christmas became very awkward for that guy.

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
      Friday and Satudray nights: Funnels, hose clamps, whatever connectors they needed, and a few 2-3 foot lengths of clear plastic tubing.
      A tale my old Crappy Tire store days! The town we were in had two really big music festivals in the summer, in which the size of the town tripled for a weekend. During both, kids would come in and ask for the plumbing section. With a knowing smirk, I'd say, "Hoses, clamps, and valves are in aisle 11. The good funnels are in aisle 4--and don't go for the metal ones. Plastic is better."

I also had a group come in at the end of the university year, and picked up a funnel, clamps, and about 30 feet of hose. In the course of talking with them, I found out that the wanted a HUGE beer bong--with the funnel going upstairs, and the hose snaking through the heating ducts to the basement.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

The weirdest thing I ever sold was to a man but it was what he told me after buying it that made it weird.

The man bought a silky bra and a silky thong. Okay maybe buying it for his girl or he's into that for himself, whatever. But then he invited me to his "show." I'm not sure exactly what kind of show he was talking about, but I didn't take him up on the offer.

Comment

I'll admit that a few weeks ago, during a particularly harrowing emotional hormone day, I went into the grocery store, bought myself some tylenol, ... err.. feminine supplies, ice cream, fudge sauce, a magazine and a bucket of fried chicken. Cashier just stared at me. I'm like, "WHAT??!" and she was like "nothing! never mind!" and rang me up at lightning speed LMAO
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            *snip* In the course of talking with them, I found out that the wanted a HUGE beer bong--with the funnel going upstairs, and the hose snaking through the heating ducts to the basement.
            My next door neighbors in my college apartment had a 4 story beer bong--from their balcony down to the driveway below. I was never brave enough to give it a try.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Once, during PMS time, I bought a large bar of chocolate, a bottle of WKD, a packet of Always and a tub of Strawberry Cheesecake Haagan Daz. I then went to the counter where the male cashier rang me thru in silence. I wondered why, til I actually looked at my purchases and realised he was probably too scared to say anything in case I hit him. XD The stupid thing was, I was going thru the supermarket in my own little world, and of course I was hungry at the time so of course, I bought chocolate and ice cream.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

What's WKD?
                A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Alcoholic beverage. Not quite certain of the contents, but they do good roadside advertising campaign about whether you as a consumer have a WKD side.

Rapscallion

Comment

Is WKD pronounced as 'wicked'?
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

No idea - never had to order it

Rapscallion

Comment

Yesterday while I was in the check out line in Fred Meyer's, a little wizened old lady was behind me with her items that consisted of:

An Antonio Benderas movie, The 13th Warrior.
                        2 bananas
                        body lotion
                        one of those removable shower massage heads
                        paper towels
                        diaper wipes

I can only hope I'm still interested in that kind of thing when I'm her age. You go really old lady!
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

One from my brother:

His father in law owns this huge farm, and was needing supplies for the planting season. Without thinking, he went into a feed store and asked for the following in bulk:

200 gallons of diesel fuel,
                          500 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer
                          8 tanks of propane fillled.

He was totally shocked when the guy refused to sell it to him.
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                          X