X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rose by any other name...

Here's something that I've just thought of:

I used to work at Wendy's. All Wendy's are called "stores." They aren't called "restaurants". Let that sink in for a minute.

I always thought it was weird that every piece of literature about Wendy's said "store" rather than anything else. Now, usually, a place that sells cooked food to you is called a restaurant, and a place that just sells goods is a store. A subtle message of the quality of fast food? I do believe so.
    The only thing wrong with society is the people in it.

Better a "store" than "craptacular dumpster".
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, they may have been emphasising the fact that food tends to leave the premises rather than being consumed on site?
      Because to me, a store you go in, get your purchase, and leave, and a restaurant you eat at?

Gah, I got nothin'.

I like Wendy's though, I don't wanna think it's gross
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Stupid question - but what does Wendys sell?? I think it may be different to the Wendys where I live!

Here, all Wendys sells is ice creams and a million varities of milkshakes & thickshakes!I would not consider it a restaurant

Comment

In the USA, it's a burger chain. Started in Columbus OH by Dave Thomas. Burgers of various kinds, fries, great salads, the usual chicken sandwiches, and the very famous and very necessary Frosty!

http://www.wendys.com/

Comment

Most of their items don't require cutlery... but don't you *dare* call it finger food!
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
              don't you *dare* call it finger food!
              Hahahahaha
              The only thing wrong with society is the people in it.

Comment

I <3 Wendy's. Favorite fast food place.

Of course, I also tend to eat at the one right across the street from their corporate headquarters in Dublin. That one makes the BEST spicy chicken sandwiches I've ever had.
                Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                  and the very famous and very necessary Frosty!
                  On Friday I responded to the "Regular Burger" thread with a McDonald's example that made me want McDonalds. So I was at the mall that night and I got a burger and fries. And 3 spots down from McD's in the food court is Wendy's. And yes, I decided that a Frosty was absolutely necessary . (but the price went up 10 cents since the last time I got one )
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RailroadMonster View Post
                    All Wendy's are called "stores." They aren't called "restaurants".
                    When I worked for McD's, we always called it a "store", not a restaurant.

Well, I actually occasionally referred to it as the Sixth Level of Hell...

Comment

It's not uncommon for a restaurant to be called a store. I have 20+ years in the business and have gotten used to it being called a store. I think that is called a store mostly in franchises...i.e. The Miami store is doing better than the Buffalo store

Comment

We finally got a Wendy's store in my neck of the woods. It's right in front of the store I work at and I went there for dinner tonight. It was soooo good!

Wendy's has the only fast food that doesn't make me feel like I ate a ton of bricks after eating.
                        Retail Haiku:
                        Depression sets in.
                        The hellhole is calling me ~
                        I don't want to go.

Comment

To be honest, "store" seems more appropriate than "restaurant" to desribe most fast food places. it always makes me laugh when I hear McDonalds described as a "restaurant", because my mental image of a restaurant is somewhere reasonably nice that sells reasonably edible food, not somewhere with plastic seats that expects you to eat with your fingers.
                          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                          - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                          X