Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like putting out new stock, because I can then see what the new products are. I also like helping people choose makeup, especially when they're looking to get it for a special occasion.

Comment

I am obscure answer girl. I've worked in call centres, retail establishments, restaurants, television studios, government offices and clinics, but my actual education and training is in library science (specialization in reference and classification). That means I'm TRAINED to know where to look for answers.

People will come up to me (clients AND coworkers!) and try to stump me, but so far, I have ALWAYS found the answer within a week. Now, I'm not claiming I have never failed (I'm still trying to get the album liner notes for a certain record that a friend's dad was the drummer on), but 99% of the time I get it, I get it fast, and I get it right I also have massive bits of random trivia shoved into my brain.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
        Then my mom got me fired while I was vacationing during Senior Week.
        What did she do?
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I love cooking the fries! Going to the freezer to get the boxes, putting the frozen ones into the 'dumper' (it puts a certain amount of fries into each wire basket), then putting them into the fryer. And then after the buzzer, putting them in the warmer & putting the salt on. Then they go into boxes.

It took me a few tries to be able to keep up during a rush. First time I forgot to refill the 'dumper,' so I ran out of baskets of fries to drop (to be fair, I didn't realize I had to do that). Next time I focused so much on bringing out plenty of frozen boxes that the servers were often left to box their own fries (major time-taker in a rush). But finally I got it right! And I just realized how obsessive I am about it!

Also when I get that job, managers leave me their keys & cards when they go do stuff, so I can do manager-things like make change for servers, and resolve SC issues. I don't know if that's a big deal or not, but they act like it is. Actually I'm thinking about training to be a manager.
          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
          Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Funky compounds are fun, and I also like putting away the order. Gets me away from the stupid people, and I can sit on the floor and sort drugs into shopping baskets depending on where in the pharmacy they need to go.

I also don't really mind pulling outdates for that reason, I sit down to reach the lower shelving.

Comment

Doing research for the reporters. I LOOOOVE doing research...ask Cath, she'll tell you I can't do anything without researching it six different ways to death. Another friend invented the term "Wiki-crack" to explain my seeming addiction to Wikipedia. And I like the little sense of pat-on-the-head whenever I find some really great information and the reporters crow over it while they're racing to their computers to type it into the story.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

At Thriftway I used to like blowing up the playballs during the Summer. I had to go in the backroom + the air compressor was VERY loud so I couldnt hear the intercom.
                Generally I like doing anything that gets me away from customers
                The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

Quoth Writer Cath View Post
                  Any of you have one task at work that you really enjoy doing?
                  I enjoy doing the ICD-9 coding. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it's a universal system of alphanumeric coding of diagnoses for insurance purposes. Example: instead of "urinary tract infection" you use 599.0. I don't get paid any extra for being certified to do it (but that's a rant in itself), but I get it, I have more than the average bear's grasp of medical terminology, and I enjoy the work. Unfortunately, it takes up such a small amount of my time. The company really should have a full-time coder, but certified professional coders can command $20 an hour, and the company just won't do that for a business unit (the coding department is located at our revenue center in another state).
                  He loves the world...except for all the people.
                  --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
                  X