This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a little revenge on the Snitch

So as every one who has read my posts lately I have had problems with coworker who just got married. This Valentine's Day would be her first VD married to her new husband. So me and another coworker who also has had problems with her decide to have a little fun. We are both single women so we don't need the day off. We both said we either need off or can only work the morning shift. With one person already off and 2 new people one just out of training and the other one starts training on Monday. So she has to work the 3-11 shift. She was not very happy. So at least I managed to mess up VD for her.

Now let me see what I can stir up this morning at work. If the boredom continues I may start posting some stories. Very slow morning at work and very tired.

Evil Hotelslave! I'm proud of you.

An anti-Valentine's card for all the single girls (and anyone else anti-valentiney):

(I read about this, I haven't actually seen it)

A greeting card featuring a bloodied, ripped out heart.

"It's Valentine's Day, so here's a card with a heart inside," it read. "I'd tell you whose it is, but the less you know, the better."

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hotelslave, that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

BookstoreEscapee, I know plenty of people who would LOVE that card (me included)!!!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
        This Valentine's Day would be her first VD married to her new husband.
        Hehe, yanno, taken outta context I could ask if it was the clap.... But my mind lives in the Marianas Trench.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
          Hehe, yanno, taken outta context I could ask if it was the clap.... But my mind lives in the Marianas Trench.
          OH, I missed that...!

BeckySunshine: the card is from American Greetings, I believe, if you want to look for it. There was a story on abcnews.com under the "watercooler" section of the home page yesterday.

Comment

Way to go you.

And as for the anti-Valentines cards...my mom gave me my Valentine last night, and it was something to the effect of "you can spend it with someone you care about, or just use it as an excuse to eat lots of chocolate, so either way, it's a win-win situation." It's good when your mom still thinks your 12, and buys you a valentine and candy when you're single.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Meh. My husband and I celebrated VD a day early, because I have to work today. Don't need a special day to go eat yummy food and engage in a little "entertainment"

Comment

My birthday was just on the 2nd and we went out for a really nice dinner while I clung to a thread of life. SO went to bed 2 hours ago! Not even so much as a Happy Valentines day from him.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I got to go out to lunch with my mom and have cheesecake. Now I'm working til midnight, because I was nice enough to cover second shift for my coworkers with SO's, since I'm single.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

we had our "holiday" party at work cuz we were too busy to actually do it at the holidays; had pink/red/white decorations and pink heart cookies.

my boss gave us all 3 hershey miniatures and my mommy made cupcakes . Devil's food with chocolate icing. She put one at each of our places at the table and now my dad's has little kitty tongue-prints in it (Hope the chocolate doesn't make him sick, but it's been a few hours and he seems ok except he's been hiding in his cave (under the armchair) and didn't even chase the foil ball I threw for him.)

-ams-

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                      You just reminded me of when my seventh-grade English teacher wrote "Happy VD" on the chalkboard, and all us gutter-minded adolescents got the giggles.
                      He loves the world...except for all the people.
                      --Men at Work

Comment

Last year for VD I got a copy of A Clockwork Orange, since I'd never read the 21st chapter....

This year I got a fixed wheelbarrow.

At least its a useful and entertaining trend?

(Of course I got some chocolate covered cherries, too!)
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                        X