Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....we got Jimmy in the Urn in the back seat...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
    Normally we only keep lost and found items for 30 days before we trash them, but how do you throw away someones remains?
    eBay.

/Why is it getting warm in here?
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

When my brother-in-law's mom died, she wanted her ashes scattered at the ocean. Unfortunately, when they attempted to do so, the wind blew her back at her family >_< They had a good giggle at it. Really, what else can you do?

We had Dad cremated and buried at a little cemetery near the farm. it's a nice quiet one.

Comment

My daddy didn't want to be -- and wasn't -- at his own funeral. Daddy was cremated and we buried his remains next to his father, but he had only two requests, which he had talked to me, my sister, my mother and my uncle (his brother) about. 1) He didn't want any kind of open casket and didn't want ANYONE to see him like that because that wasn't him anymore. At the visitation we had lots of pictures and such, but Daddy wasn't there. Or at the funeral. Both were all about telling stories and trying to laugh cause Daddy wouldn't want us to be sad cause of him.

2) He wanted some of his ashes spread three places -- the family farm (done the next summer when we were all there for 4th of July), the site of his father's old store (done one afternoon in the back garden of the gardening store that's there now, with permission) and (my favorite) on the fifty yard line at his, his brother's and our high school football field (we did it the only way you can really do that -- my sister, uncle and I broke into the stadium and did it late one night after a game). We had a ball that night. The cops actually came out, but my uncle told them who we were and what we were doing. The cops had known Daddy (everyone in our town knew Daddy) so they came out and say on the fifty yard line with us and told stories. It was sad but great.

But yeah, that was my Daddy.
        "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
          But yeah, that was my Daddy.
          He sounds like a very special man. I am sorry for your loss.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
          X