This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplace confessions....

Since this deals with work, I suggest we confess something about us at our workplace.

I'll start:

*sigh* I have a small crush on my boss (my department manager). Alas she's married, she's my boss, and I don't date co-workers. I have a crush on her!

I've dated one co-worker, thankfully she found a job that she was more used to (Waitressing) and we went out for 2 years but after that we broke up. Shame too, she was awesome.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My best friend was originally a customer of Chesterfield, whom I let slip, after finding out she was a big anime geek, too, that I had plans to make a Tenchi costume, and a Hiroshi costume, and planned to get a friend to go to an anime con with me, we'd both dress up, and Hiroshi would go around taunting anyone in a Tenchi girls costume.

There was a Tenchi Muyo CD put out by Cartoon Network with the song "My Hiroshi" on it, and if you listen to it really closely, it's Ryoko singing the blues about Tenchi hooking up with a guy named Hiroshi. I just didn't know who Hiroshi was.
      My friend gave me an odd look, and said, "Wait, you're not straight?"
      Um, Hel no.
      "Wow, you just got so much cooler!"
      *blink, blink* I was cool before?
      "I'm not straight either."
      We've been good friends since, and, ever since I moved, she keeps telling me how much she misses me.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've dated 4 coworkers, from the same store. 3 of them were serious relationships.

#1 was only a few months, long distance, not serious, after I had left the store and moved to Philly.
        #2 was 7 months, after I had moved back from Philly and gone back to working at the store.
        #3 was a year, shortly after #2 and I broke up. He left for another job while we were still dating.
        #4 was one of my department managers, which we managed to keep quiet for a while, then the boss found out and I eventually transferred to another store. He later was promoted and moved to a different store as well. We were together for 2 years (my longest and most serious relationship yet) and I lived with him for a year and a half. I now maintain "visitation rights" with his dog, who I love more than anything.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This past Friday, just before leaving for the weekend, I printed off a resume and LEFT IT ON THE COMPANY PRINTER BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOUT IT.

*facepalm*

Don't ask, I had a temporary case of the morons.

Anyway, so I come into work at /7:30/ this morning (I was the last one in the office on Friday) and just barely beat my boss in the door, found it still facedown on the printer untouched, and quietly shredded it.

It was the most stressful worry-filled weekend evar.
          Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Interesting topic. Back in my restaurant days, I dated plenty of coworkers...on most days there were at least 4-5 of my "exes" working at the same time...but that was when I was young and foolish...but hey, it was fun at the time

Anyway, at the moment, a girl I have known since we were kids has recently become single. We are def. into each other...the problem is, she is my employee. Managers dating employees is a huge no-no with my company. She actually approached me today and asked if I thought there could ever be anything "more" between us and told me if there was she would quit her job so we could give it a try.
            I'm really not sure how to proceed. While she works for me, nothing can go on...but I'm not sure if her quitting just so we can test the waters so to speak is a wise decision. Arrghhhhh!
            If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
            www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

When I worked for the Smiley Store, I walked in on my manager getting a blow job from one of my fellow cashiers. Interestingly enough, she was promoted soon after, and got a very healthy raise, along with merit raises soon after.

I quit soon after that. Never told anyone til now, cept for an anon post on the original smileystoresucks.com, before Smiley Store made the guy shut it down.

And I'm fighting the picture in my head coming out, cause if I let it out, I'll puke on my keyboard.
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

My first job was at a concession stand on a beach. Almost immediately, I fell in love with the lifeguard who was working there at the time. My best friend, who had gotten me the job, warned me to stay away from him, because they really frowned on co-workers dating.
                I ignored her and asked him out, risking my job in the process. I'm glad I did, because the lifeguard has turned out to be a pretty great husband.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

This morning I was looking at job listings from other firms when the office manager stopped by my desk.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X