Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Thanks or Else! (Or, "I OD'ed on Mice!")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Arcus View Post
    It could be worse. My company's idea of improving morale is to send every employee a small candy cane just before the end of the year. No parties. No end of year bonus. Just a candy cane.
    "Your generosity knows no bounds, Sir." :|

We have a potluck on Black Friday. It's purely voluntary; if you can bring a fancy dish, great! If you can only afford a bag of chips, that's fine. Because it is voluntary, it is much enjoyed and appreciated. A forced party, especially one where you have to pay admission, that's not right at all.

And I agree, those mice look adorably scrumptious!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I, too, would love to have the recipe for the mice! Lvl 9 Gazebo, any chance you could talk your coworker out of it? Those would be so perfect to take to my gaming group.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        I, too, would love to have the recipe for the mice! Lvl 9 Gazebo, any chance you could talk your coworker out of it? Those would be so perfect to take to my gaming group.
        They'd need buttons and a scroll wheel...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

To everyone who asked for the recipe...

I asked her, and she said that all she does for the peanut butter ones is get a fresh jar of peanut butter and chill it. Then scoop out a spoonful of peanut butter and roll it into a ball. Chill that if you want.

Melt some Hershey's chocolate. Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, then stick the Hershey's kiss on for the head. Add almond slivers for the ears, dot some icing on for the eyes, and chill it in the fridge.

For cherry mice, just dip the cherries in the chocolate and do all the rest.

She said that's all there is to it. I've never made 'em so I wouldn't personally know.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

We used to have a yearly pot luck around Thanksgiving, until either flu or food poisoning gutted our work force. I personally think it was the flu, because you don't catch food poisoning from other people, let alone up to a week after the meal. Many others swear it was food poisoning. Either way, it was BAD and a good 50% of our staff was out sick. Individual departments will sometimes have food/snack days, but no more pot luck.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
              But what about the recipe for the chai tea cake there? Don't think you're giving us how to do the adorable mice will distract us that easily!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post

I asked her, and she said that all she does for the peanut butter ones is get a fresh jar of peanut butter and chill it. Then scoop out a spoonful of peanut butter and roll it into a ball. Chill that if you want.

Melt some Hershey's chocolate. Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, then stick the Hershey's kiss on for the head. Add almond slivers for the ears, dot some icing on for the eyes, and chill it in the fridge.

For cherry mice, just dip the cherries in the chocolate and do all the rest.

She said that's all there is to it. I've never made 'em so I wouldn't personally know.
                Sometimes it's the simplest recipes that taste the best.

Several years ago at a different job, a coworker brought in treats that consisted of peanut butter between two Ritz crackers, then dipped in chocolate. They were delightful.

I definitely want to try the peanut butter mice.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I LOVE the mice! I might have to make some for Christmas.

When I worked for Crappy Tire, Original Owner was fabulous. Every Christmas he'd cater the most *amazing* luncheon for the store, and the caterer kept the food fresh and hot, with new trays through the day so those coming in for later shifts weren't deprived. Everyone who had the day off that day were told to come in whenever they wanted and bring their famlies if they so wished (we had a large lunchroom.) The dessert table was something I still dream about.

Fast forward several years, Original Owner wants to retire, sells his store to New Owner. Christmas time rolls around, and what does New Owner do? Orders pizzas from the local "Hot & Ready medium pepperoni pizza for $5" place around the corner, and only enough to give those that were working at the time two small slices each. Those of us who came in for the evening shift were shit outta luck. Suffice to say, there wasn't much Holiday Cheer that year.
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    But what about the recipe for the chai tea cake there? Don't think you're giving us how to do the adorable mice will distract us that easily!
                    That's my boyfriend's recipe and I'll need to find out where he got it from. Haven't had time to ask yet. We're dealing with... health issues... at the moment.

One caveat about those mice... You might want to look for the recipe online. I'm just going by what my coworker said and have no personal experience in the construction of edible mice.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
                    X