This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to pee!

Why is it that every time I pull out the "Back in a moment" sign for the door, someone walks in? I just want to go to the ladie's room! My bladder is important too! -=glares at current "browsers"=-

It's becuase customers have a sixth sense that alerts them to when an employee is otherwise occupied.

Comment

Yeah they do.

We always wind up with calls in queue when I am:
      A) About to go on lunch,
      B) Really in need of a bathroom break, or
      C) About to leave for the day.

"In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Back in my bookstore days I used to hate when I would put up the Back In Ten minutes sign someone would inevitably run into the store totally ignoring me. It's like dude whatever book you are so desperate to get will still be in the store when I get back.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
          Yeah they do.

We always wind up with calls in queue when I am:
          A) About to go on lunch,
          B) Really in need of a bathroom break, or
          C) About to leave for the day.

Man, isn't that the truth. I can sit at my desk for an hour for the phone to ring like the Maytag repairman, no calls. But let me walk 30 feet to refill my water bottle, and there's a scatching voicemail from a customer complaining about how no one ever picks up the phone around here.

Comment

Good lord I hate that, just when I get a brief window of free time, I try and sort my passes then just when I get started 30 cars pull up at once.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

It's one of those Unfortunate Retail Certainties I guess.

I can be working the floor, it can be totally dead, nothing important to do and nothing going on, and I 'm killing time wandering around doing menial tasks.

So I head to the bathroom to pee (or otherwise, but only in case of emergency)--and then two carryout calls will come in while I'm using the facilities.

And nobody answers them because for all they know, I'm still out on the floor.
              Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-27-2007, 05:15 AM.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hate that. When I am having nothing to do, and no one comes in, but the second I am in the bathroom...That is when everyone comes in and the main owners calls. And ofcourse if we do not answer the phone, when the main owner calls, then he drives over, checks the phone out, and complains because no one answers the phone. Well hell, if we are truly busy, we are not going to answer it.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  Well hell, if we are truly busy, we are not going to answer it.
                  Oh yeah, it was always when I was on register and wasn't supposed to answer the phone, that it would ring 8 times so I'd finally pick it up and it'd be the store manager. Or worse, district manager. !! (We're supposed to answer within 4 rings.)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    <snip> *EDIT - Please edit quotes. It's annoying after numerous board requests. ~ Ree<snip>

(We're supposed to answer within 4 rings.)
                    With us, it is suppose to be 3 rings.
                    Last edited by Ree; 03-04-2007, 03:20 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                      With us, it is suppose to be 3 rings.
                      The way the phones are set up, the portable employee phones ring first, after 4 rings the landline phones start, and after 8 rings the manager portables ring. So if the manager phone rings and it's not someone calling them from within the store, they aren't happy. Of course, most of the employees with portables aren't on info, where they are supposed to be answering the phone and have 3 landlines (which used to ring first and then go to the portables after 4 rings, which makes more sense to me).

Yes, yes, I know, if it makes sense, it's not allowed
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It is definately true. Once when the bar was extremelly busy, I said to a customer "OK, I know you're next, but unless I go to the bathroom now, I am going to pee all over the floor!" and ran. The customer must have asked me about five times if I had washed my hands.

Comment

I'm doing the pee sway right now, as I type and these peope just keep standing there talking to each other! They're not browsing, they're not buying. They're just standing there, gossiping.

Comment

Working...
                          X