This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave blues.

The weekend after Thanksgiving the microwave in our store's break room died. It can still tell time but if you start it the internal light turns on and time counts down but nothing else happens.
    All of us are annoyed and hoping we get the new one soon (our SM opted to order it rather then buy one with her money and then have the store pay her back). I want my <my store exclusive brand> teriyaki chicken wings! And popcorn! Lol.
    We got a truck today. No microwave. We get another one tomorrow.... Will the microwave be on that shipment? Stay tuned.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Well, be thankful. The one at Kinko's refused to die and I'm fairly certain that the thing was creating dark matter every time anyone hit the "cook" button.

If it had died, it would have been replaced, but nooo. It hung on like Grim Death.

Comment

Our old one died, the one with the digital timer & start/cancel buttons... We have one with a manual rotary dial & no buttons at all now, meaning it starts as soon as you turn the dial, and I live in fear of the day the door gets knocked shut & it tries to cook empty air for the 10+ minutes that's been left on by the last person to use it. My cow-irkers seem incapable of calculating which of the graduated units around the edge marks the amount of time required to heat their crap, so they just turn it on to the maximum time then leave the door open when they've finished to stop it completing the countdown!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Pic says it all.
        I made
        Attached Files

Comment

the microwave I currently use is my mom's old one.....that she got used....when I was 11.....(I'm 36 now)
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I love how it says "The wait is over" on the box.

Comment

Quoth dbuzman
              I know! My coworker pointed that out and we had a good chuckle.

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
                I love the boxes from Newegg. One I received reads, "May contain awesome." Several coworkers got a chuckle from that.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  I love the boxes from Newegg. One I received reads, "May contain awesome."
                  That was my profile picture on Facebook for a few days recently.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Lucky you. I still can't convince the senior management to replace the two microwaves we have; the turn tables don't work and people forget this when they make popcorn. I have to go down to the 2nd floor and use theirs.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X